Futaba T8FG Super channels 9 thru 14 versus NAZA 8 channels

I have used up the 8 channels required by Naza including the two gimbal channels...using S.bus.
But my Futaba transmitter has 12 channel capability and I would like to use more channels for some accessories.
Configured FASST MULT2.

Should I assume the existing R6208SB receiver 8 output channel ports are not available for other use when using s.bus?

What about buying an s.bus hub to get access to the remaining 4 channels?

With the R6208SB, you the output from the channels 1-8 pwm is the same as the S.Bus so they end up being redundant. Have a look at the FrSky receivers on the link below. A couple of them will allow you to output the remaining channels. I use one on my DJI S800. It allows for easy switching between a one and 2 person setup for photography.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-gear/futaba-fasst-compatible.html

FRSKY TFR8S - 8 CHANNEL FASST COMPATIBLE RECEIVER

FRSKY TFR8SB - 8 TO 16 CHANNEL FASST COMPATIBLE RECEIVER W/ S.BUS

Bigrock

Hey ghost rider I have read this somewhere else as well but I'm still a little confused. Can you explain how you have your one and two man setup's working?

do you use two of these receivers binded to one transmitter or do you use one receiver with s.bus for 1-8 and the pwm for channels 9-16 hooked up to your gimble?

For a one man setup I use a Futaba S.Bus receiver for the flight controller and it is bound to my 12z. Then I use a FrSky receiver bound to the same radio for channels 9-14 on the gimbal. I use PWM outputs with that.

To switch to the two man setup, I simply bind the FrSky receiver to my 8FG radio and now the gimbal is controlled by that receiver. I will tell you that I had trouble using channels 13 or 14 with this receiver. I'm not sure about those two channels and how they are supposed to work. I didn't really need them anyway. DJI allows for turning off the HDMI converter on the Zenmuse, but I didn't feel the need for that.

Maverick

Hi PeterLester, with Futaba S-Bus you can use as many channels as your radio transmitter can support. You could use the Futaba R6203SB for example (cheaper) that normally would only support 3 channels but with S-Bus it will support up to 18 Channels. Check out Futaba web site for the Futaba S.Bus Hub and Futaba SBD-1 S.Bus Decoder.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZKA6&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZKA7&P=M
Regards - Bruce

Hi bruce365,
I'm interested in this also, as I'm using all traditional 8 channels on my R6208SB Rx, and T8FG Super, yet still need one more channel for my cam switch. My set up is an ADX3 Y6, with DJI WooKong-M, with IOC, camera gimbal tilt, and remote shutter control. If I switch over to S-Bus, does that free up any of the 8 ports, as my main operational channels are now all connected using a single S-Bus cable...??
How many operational channels does the WooKong-M use, A, E, T, R, U, X1, X2, X3...???

CH6 is X2
CH7 is camera tilt. X3
CH8 is remote shutter.

Regards,

Mav.

Hi Maverick, I do not have WooKong-M only Naza-M The person best to ask would probably be Chris he is very knowledgeable with using an extra receiver if required.If you are already using all 8 channels there will be none free even if you switch to S-Bus. There is the option of using the Futaba SBD-1 S.Bus Decoder that should give you two extra channels. As far as I remember Chris ads an extra cheaper Frsky TFR8 SB receiver to give him extra channels. He has done an extensive write up on this in the past, do a search. Good luck Regards - Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghostrider, Chris, per your recommendations here, I purchased a FrSky decoder with S.bus on one end, and four individual PWM outputs on the other. However, I have spent the last couple of hours to program the decoder per the instructions, and no matter what I do, all four outputs are tied to channel 1. As a first step, I'm just trying to get it to use channel 3, then I'll take the next steps to get the four outputs to be channels 9-12. My intent is to do what you suggested so I can easily change my 2 person S800+Z15 setup to a 1 person for some simple flying tasks. Any suggestions or tips since it sounds like you have both programed these decoders before?

BTW, I'm using a R6208SB, and the following FrSky decoder:
http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-sbus-decoder.html

To further explain what I've done:
1) Connect Sbus side to the receiver, power them both up, press the button for selecting the output until #4 is lit up.
2) Connect the #4 wire of the decoder to the R6208SB output channel #3 (trying to get that wire to output as #3).
3) Powerup both units. I see the R6208RS blink the red LED three times as the instructions said it would.
4) Powerdown everything. Connect FrSky decoder #4 wire to the Z15 input (I've been using Aux3 to test this), and when I power up the copter, the Z15 Aux3 signal still tracks with channel 1 instead of channel 3.

I've tried multitudes of variants of the above sequence, sometimes with the Sbus decoder input connected while programming, other times without. I've tried the decoder wires 1-4.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

Ghostrider, Chris, per your recommendations here, I purchased a FrSky decoder with S.bus on one end, and four individual PWM outputs on the other. However, I have spent the last couple of hours to program the decoder per the instructions, and no matter what I do, all four outputs are tied to channel 1. As a first step, I'm just trying to get it to use channel 3, then I'll take the next steps to get the four outputs to be channels 9-12. My intent is to do what you suggested so I can easily change my 2 person S800+Z15 setup to a 1 person for some simple flying tasks. Any suggestions or tips since it sounds like you have both programed these decoders before?

BTW, I'm using a R6208SB, and the following FrSky decoder:
http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-sbus-decoder.html

To further explain what I've done:
1) Connect Sbus side to the receiver, power them both up, press the button for selecting the output until #4 is lit up.
2) Connect the #4 wire of the decoder to the R6208SB output channel #3 (trying to get that wire to output as #3).
3) Powerup both units. I see the R6208RS blink the red LED three times as the instructions said it would.
4) Powerdown everything. Connect FrSky decoder #4 wire to the Z15 input (I've been using Aux3 to test this), and when I power up the copter, the Z15 Aux3 signal still tracks with channel 1 instead of channel 3.

I've tried multitudes of variants of the above sequence, sometimes with the Sbus decoder input connected while programming, other times without. I've tried the decoder wires 1-4.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Just saw you're having problems....will answer you tomorrow.

Chris

TeamS

I have set up my Futaba T8FG Super with Wookong and Z15 with two Futaba R6208SBT One Pilot setup. But i can just use 12 channels and not the 2 switch channels. On The Futaba T8FG they seem to work. I just can't geht them to work with Zenmuse! Any Ideals?

I seem to remember having similar issues with channels 13 and 14. I think I had intermittent luck using it to turn on or off the HDMI converter. I ended up unplugging the channel. I do use one of the channels with my shutter release switch. You should be in pretty good shape with 12 channels though.

I have set up my Futaba T8FG Super with Wookong and Z15 with two Futaba R6208SBT One Pilot setup. But i can just use 12 channels and not the 2 switch channels. On The Futaba T8FG they seem to work. I just can't geht them to work with Zenmuse! Any Ideals?
You can only use those channels if you use an SBUS decoder. Earlier in this thread you'll see how I explained my setup with two R6208SBs, and using a HobbyKing SBUS decoder to use those two digital channels. It also makes it easy to move one cable from one receiver to the other when I switch between 1 person and 2 person setup.