JR9503 slider assigning.

nicwilke

I'm running a JR9503 9 channel radio. I must say, its been very reliable, and have only been using 7 or 8 channels on various setups.
I have the only 2 3 position switches running the flight modes (1x channel for Manual, Manual Altitude hold, and GPS features & 1x channel for the 3 GPS features, GPS ATT, Waypoints, Return to Home).

I'm using the left slider to tilt my gimbal (via RSGS Skyline) and would like to map the right hand slider to Channel 9 Rx out for the zoom. I cannot for the life of me find how to do it, if even possible. What is the right slider called? Can it be mapped to Rx output channel 9 (or 5) The Tx is in ACRO mode (plane) and I'm not sure what to do.

Any help would be really great.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Thats weird because I can only get the right slider to do anything. I cant get the left one. The right is called slider in the device select. Whats the left called? Im in acro too.

nicwilke

Thats weird because I can only get the right slider to do anything. I cant get the left one. The right is called slider in the device select. Whats the left called? Im in acro too.

Let me guess... You are Mode2? I'm mode 1. My LHS is not called 'slider', its called... ah, forgot, will have to check.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
yes, Im mode2. Weird they cant just make it a little easier to assign anything and everything. I wonder what happens in heli mode.

Still pro

Is there a way to get the notchy feeling out of the slider switches on the 9503? I run the Gimbal servos into the FC but also use the right slider (Aux 3) for my Gimbal manual tilt. During video recording while flying manually tilting the gimbal with this slider results in a notchy movement.

nicwilke

Is there a way to get the notchy feeling out of the slider switches on the 9503? I run the Gimbal servos into the FC but also use the right slider (Aux 3) for my Gimbal manual tilt. During video recording while flying manually tilting the gimbal with this slider results in a notchy movement.

No, the ratchet slider is something you cannot stop unless you remove it all together. You can then add some washers to tighten them up, but I'm using tilt for slew, then the notches don't effect the servo as it's only a speed ramp thing going on.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I removed mine and i regret it. As long as you have control over damping the reaction time to the tilt of the gimbal it is really not necessary to rid of the ratchet. It is way too loose without it now but it does hold position.