Fly with power lines, Interference Problems????

xavivo

Hi Guys, Im from Mexico and here the main power company want to film and take pictures on how they repair and maintain the power lines.
Here are the questions:
Do you think it is going to be a huge amount of interference? Do you think that is possible to do this job? I know it is very dangerous, but they are able to pay the amount needed to do this.
I will be flying with my Cinestar 8 and a Canon 5D mark iii.

Regards
Xavier

kloner

Aerial DP
I fly all along the sunrise power link all the time. Been through it, over it, across it and never seen anything from it, and i'm flying fpv with rssi and nothing changes

all the track footage is me flying under two major transmission lines, 1:40 i fly down em probably 30-40 feet above it. These power a city with 9 million people, as of now, i think it's our only source for electricity since they closed down our local nuclear plant

Last edited by a moderator:

almphoto

i think you're OK as long as you stay at least 6 to 10 feet away, but I would check that with one of the engineers from the power company. I asked an engineer from TVA a similar question.

xavivo

Kloner, very nice fpv video! With that video you show me the possibility to fly near power lines. Thanks for the replay and the great video.

Best Regards
Xavier

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

xavivo

Almphoto, thanks for the replay, I will be flying about 15 feet from the power lines so I will be on the safe zone. Just to make sure I will do what you sed, to talk with the company engineer.

Again thank guys for your help!!

Best Regards
Xavier

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2