Have a few Aerial photos shot with my new NEX5n.....

Still pro

Here is the link to some of my Aerial Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/65939880@N07/sets/72157631562912988/

Here is the link to my Regular Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/65939880@N07/

I am a photographer and lifting my DSLR wasn't an option. The purchase of the NEX5n was outstanding. Im really enjoying it. Right now shooting with the 18-55 kit lens. As you can see I like the look of Tilt Shift to miniaturize scenes. Im planning on shooting a nice collection of Faux Tilt Shift images if this dang rain would ever stop.

jforkner

Nice shots. The shot of Princeton looks like and HDR. Care to share your processing?

The others, with tilt/shift applied, would look better without that technique applied---IMHO. Regardless, great color and dynamic range.

Jack

Still pro

Thanks, I understand what your saying jforkner. But it was my intention start a collection of tilt shift aerial photos. I have the originals also. They are not for everyone but I like the look of them and they serve a purpose in certain situations. Its just a personal presence. I have many aerial photos that just haven't been processed yet that are not tilt shift. They are for a separate project. The Princeton photo is not an HDR. Although it may have the characteristics of one it is actually a composite of 2 images. The building and sky were photographed seperate. I shoot RAW and do all my processing with CS5 Extended and LR4.

jlemoo

When you shoot with that camera, is it like a gopro where you set it to take a picture every x seconds, or do you have a mount that allows you to tell it to start taking pictures?

Still pro

I designed my own Gimbal with variable pitch controlled by a slider on the side of my JR9503 radio. This way I can angle the camera from the ground to get the composition I want. I have the endpoints set to go 90 degrees straight down and 45 degrees up past level. This camera does not have a intervalometer and using one for aerial photography would be useless anyway. I shoot RAW which makes the files quite large. I would rather not fill up my card with pictures I do not want. I use a downlink to view my composition. I am ordering a Gentled for shutter control but for the time being I have a micro servo that activated the shutter using a switch on my transmitter.