Av8Chuck

Bluerex this is not directed at you, at least not only you, I've just reached my tipping point with of this sort of comment. For the most part this is the "Professional" forum for MR's and as such everyone here knows the dangers associated with flying close and over people. Way too often threads get derailed with the same redundant comments, can we please refrain from always pointing out the obvious.

If anyone feels compelled to comment about how someone might be flying recklessly then start a new thread to discuss the virtues of how much safer you fly than the rest of us.

dazzab

For the most part this is the "Professional" forum for MR's and as such everyone here knows the dangers associated with flying close and over people.
Well obviously everyone DOESN'T know or we wouldn't keep seeing examples of such very unsafe practices like shown in this video. I totally disagree with you. We have a responsibility to raise awareness about safety. Unsafe flying effects us all.

If anyone feels compelled to comment about how someone might be flying recklessly then start a new thread to discuss the virtues of how much safer you fly than the rest of us.
Not a bad idea. Leading by example is always a good idea in my book. Certainly some people fly over and close to people in a safe manner as part of their professional work. So I'd love to hear about that and how they did it. But if you think there was anything safe about the video we are discussing then I seriously question your judgement.

As for what I can and can't comment about I'm not really sure that's your call.

fmkit

Av8Chuc, many asked me if there was a dirt in the pot :) There are guys that take it too seriously

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Guys hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Just wanted to share a video I just finished. Shot with Sony A7s, GH4, and one shot with Gopro hero3. Hope you enjoy it!

Sonik

Very nice, swartzracing... They needed the aerial shots to do that property justice... A great place to live, now that I've seen it from this angle...

Sonik

Hi folks;

Earlier this month, Puerto Rico hosted the International Billfish Tournament in San Juan. I was there early in the morning with my MR to catch a glimpse of the shotgun race.
This is where all participant vessels line up to start the tournament. An eurocopter was on hand documenting the race as well. We were in communication with the fleet and keeping an eye on the chopper at all times.
Hope you enjoy it.

Nice work.... Although i would have been nervous when i saw that helicopter!!

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Given that you joined in 2013 you do know that flying above 400ft is a big no no? Please read the CAA's rules, they exist for safety reasons. Someone recently got prosecuted by the CAA and no he was not a professional ie the CAA go for pros and ams all the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

SamaraMedia

Really well done. Sure would like to have seen that shot with a GH4.. Just curious if 4K would have made a noticeable difference.
Just curious, if the resolution of my MacBook Pro, circa 2009, has a max viewing resolution of 1440x900 will I notice a difference in viewing 4k video? I ask this since everybody is talking about shooting things in 4k these days and that's great, it's the future, but how many people have TV or computers that can actually view things at this high a resolution? I recently purchased a Lumix LX100 since it was a sub $1000 camera with a 1.7 effective 24-70mm zoom lens but returned it due to a either a faulty battery or electrical problem since it would drain a battery in three days just sitting on a shelf. I want to move into the 4k format but wonder if it is really worth it if I'm not shooting stuff for the film industry that would take advantage of this format. Just thinking out loud here...