Aeronavics / Droidworx New forum area, Droidworx

- An upgrade path for all existing AD, CX and SkyJib users. We are working on a clear offering and a special gesture for our existing customers. Also this we plan to publish by the end of next week.

Hello, any word on the promised upgrades or the Zenmuse adapter availability?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I know the DW team are working flat out ensuring the new range is totally supported. The upgrade paths are on the way but as this whole new process that DW have adopted means that the whole set up not just the frames has been totally redesigned, from picking lists and instructions to the new website ordering process. Linda and Rob have listened to customers and acted. I dont think they really realised the scale of the task and its credit to the whole DW team that they have managed to totally redesign and reorganise the whole business is such a short time frame.

Bare with them I am sure the upgrade paths will be available just as quick as they can deliver the upgrade package as a whole rather than a hit and miss affair.

Dave

droidworx

Hello, any word on the promised upgrades or the Zenmuse adapter availability?

Howdy! Promise - working on having it in the shop by the end of the week - attached a pic. Works on SkyJib, XM, VM and AD and will retail @ 75 NZD...

View attachment 7742

Cheers!
Linda

Attachments

• XM-with-Zenmuse.jpg
    XM-with-Zenmuse.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 339

droidworx

+1 on that. I check the DW Site from time by time, but no updates at all. I need to know if the Quick Release will retrofit to AD Series/DW LG.

cheers,

meme

Sorry it's taking so long guys! And thanks Dave - spot on...

AD can indeed be fully upgraded - from 5-spoke crash cage to composite nacelles, coloured boots and gear rail/landing gear assembly - both fixed as well as retracts (when they are ready), standard or extended clearance. I have attached some pics for sneak preview - this is an AD-8 from some different angles with the upgraded landing gear (standard and extended and the retracts), 5-spoke crash cage and nacelles - boots are not fitted on the pictures. We'll offer the upgrades in modules naturally so you can make it as extensive as you like. Please note though - the gear rail assembly does not fit with the old landing gear - you need the XM landing gear also. The PhotoHigher 360 landing gear (or retracts on the SkiJib) do also not fit - these are mounted onto the old gear rail assembly and since the whole gear rail assembly in the new frames is "floating" it can not have the landing gear attached to it. The 360 head can be fitted of course, just not the legs - for unobstructed view you will need the new retracts. Whilst waiting for the retracts we will make the gear rail only also available - the retracts can then be purchased later when we have received all the parts.

View attachment 7743View attachment 7744View attachment 7745View attachment 7746View attachment 7747View attachment 7748

The upgrades fit very well - we're very happy with the results. The XM booms can also be retrofitted, but if you do this solely to allow the vertical pack down we'll have some tips for you on how to trim your current booms to allow this also.

We live here at Droidworx in some sort of tardis - time just disappears. Truly - we recruited quite some new crew here in the past few months and they are all amazed at how quickly the weeks fly past. Lots is and gets achieved, but having enough in the pipeline to fill another year of full steam ahead - and it just keeps filling up. Fantastic of course! Just need to manage R&R as well. Speaking of which - we will be closed for two weeks around Xmas - more details to follow soon...

Cheers guys! Thanks to you all...
Linda and crew

Attachments

• AD_VM-8 HL Extended LG with Upgrades.jpg
    AD_VM-8 HL Extended LG with Upgrades.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 358
  • AD_VM-8 HL Extended LG with Upgrades-2.jpg
    AD_VM-8 HL Extended LG with Upgrades-2.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 396
  • AD_VM-8 HL Standard LG with Upgrades.jpg
    AD_VM-8 HL Standard LG with Upgrades.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 387
  • AD_VM-8 HL with AV130 and Upgrades.jpg
    AD_VM-8 HL with AV130 and Upgrades.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 363
  • AD_VM-8 HL with Retracts and Upgrades.jpg
    AD_VM-8 HL with Retracts and Upgrades.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 481
  • AD_VM-8-standard-with-AV130-2.jpg
    AD_VM-8-standard-with-AV130-2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 417

wawpaw

Hi.. Anyone please help me.. I want to buy one of the xm series airframe.. And badly looking for the overall frame weight through out their website and google. Please at least tell me what is the weight of the airframe xm-6 and xm-4.. the product guide din help me.. I'm not only concerned about the payload weight...In my copter i'll be using a 2d gimbal with a sony hdd handycam (weight 319gram)..may the total payload will be 500-700gram.. So please also suggest me which airframe should I choose to get 30-35 minutes flight time with camera... Configurations: maxamp batteries 4s 11000mah 40c (825 grams each) (quantity 2), dji wkm..

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi and welcome to MRF pawpaw.

There have been quite a few people ask the question about weights. When DW had fixed configurations they produced a spec sheet that had weights on it. Now all there frames have so many optional configurations I guess its hard to produce a fixed weight list.

As for which frame.. mmm well I would guess you could easily build a ship to carry 500/700 grams, DW have a product guide here http://droidworx.co.nz/products/guide/

Flight times of 30/35mins will be your biggest challenge, getting motor/prop/pack combos will be crucial dont think I have seen a copter of that weight flying for that long as of yet.. good luck and keep us posted on your build.

Dave

dazzab

Hi.. Anyone please help me.. I want to buy one of the xm series airframe.. And badly looking for the overall frame weight through out their website and google. Please at least tell me what is the weight of the airframe xm-6 and xm-4.. the product guide din help me.. I'm not only concerned about the payload weight...In my copter i'll be using a 2d gimbal with a sony hdd handycam (weight 319gram)..may the total payload will be 500-700gram.. So please also suggest me which airframe should I choose to get 30-35 minutes flight time with camera... Configurations: maxamp batteries 4s 11000mah 40c (825 grams each) (quantity 2), dji wkm..

Your best bet is to run this by Droidworx tech staff. It's good to get info here too of course but if you get the info from Droidworx then they will stand behind the choices later on if you need it.

wawpaw

Thanks a lot! :)
Well I just calculated the AUW of the total craft. It's 7.3kg (for xm6 with all my hardware setup). So is that ok with that frame? I don't want to switch to skyjib. I'll be using 14*5" xoar with 2x 10000mah 6S lipo for kw9 motors. Gimbal will be 500g and camera will be 300g. So please check my config and suggest me.

Also tell me whether this gimbal is compatible with your frame or not.
name: Arris ZhaoYun Brushless Gimbal
link: http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-zhaoyun-brushless-gimbal-for-dslr.html

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Personally I think that is way to heavy for the XM. I would email DW and ask fro maximum take off weight on that frame. I think the old AD6 was 4.5kg max take off weight. My SJLX4 is only 7kg with 2 x 8000mah 5cell packs. (no camera)

dave

Lanzar

Thanks a lot! :)
Well I just calculated the AUW of the total craft. It's 7.3kg (for xm6 with all my hardware setup). So is that ok with that frame? I don't want to switch to skyjib. I'll be using 14*5" xoar with 2x 10000mah 6S lipo for kw9 motors. Gimbal will be 500g and camera will be 300g. So please check my config and suggest me.

Also tell me whether this gimbal is compatible with your frame or not.
name: Arris ZhaoYun Brushless Gimbal
link: http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-zhaoyun-brushless-gimbal-for-dslr.html

Use 15x5 propelers. with 14 you will be short off power if you ask me.