jfro

Aerial Fun
Here's a little ditty from Joe Nall.. had a ton of fun!

I was down in Chapel Hill flying and visiting with a friend who flies gliders. Joe Nall was a few hours away and we thought about going. We didn't as I didn't have enough time and would have added to my drive back up north.

One of our friends stopped by to visit with us (another glider guy who went to his first Joe Nall) on his way home. He said there were very few MR's there and he was looking as he is soon going to build a small unit.

Did you have a hard time getting permission to fly outside of the helicopter area?

Good to hear you had a good time. Sounds like the weather co-operated too! Thanks for sharing your video's.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Testing new GH3 lens (14mm) and a new GoPro rig.. nothing special just 7am in Cleveland... on a Sunday, GHOST TOWN!

Last edited by a moderator:

mitmit

lexus master-class (testdrive series all over the Russia) promo video precut

cheers
Dimitri

gardenroute

Expedition Go Africa 2013 - Zimbabwe - Gonarezhou N. P. & Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge

Zimbabwe - Gonarezhou National Park (Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge)
(2nd largest in ZIM) is an amazing park on the border of Zimbabwe and Mozambique. There are no tourists, which is due to its remoteness from civilization and quite timid animals, which in turn was the result of massacres during the war in Mozambique and Mozambican poachers today's raids. Nature and landscape but its overwhelming.

View attachment 18397View attachment 18398View attachment 18399

We lived in Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge above the Save River (TripAdvisor have awarded Chilo G.S. Lodge the 2014 Certificate for Excellence), and at one late afternoon safari with a still smiling ranger Thomas I could take off 1x , not too far away (less than 100 meters from us was the border with Mozambique, which in turn war, a very large wetland). Not too high (estimated at not less than 30 meters and no higher than 50 meters ), so quite restrictive conditions, but Zimbabwe is quite a complicated country
icon_e_wink.gif

The second flight was on the basis that lodge management saw the video of the first flight in the park, and their enthusiasm necessitated yet another early morning flight just before our departure.

Again, a lot of nerves, in both flights near the same water with the crocodiles and hippos, or rather impenetrable jungle...
Start each underneath the trees , "perfect" flight conditions
icon_e_sad.gif

Unfortunately YAW straying again made ​​his own (active GPS ATTi flight mode), post-production software stabilization not yet (soon)...

Switch to the full screen and HD, at least 720p to 1080p even better and turn on the sound.

A few months later I was at the request of management Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge video shot on the river Save reworked, with post-production software stabilization, and did some color correction. This is a reworked version.

Switch to the full screen and HD, at least 720p to 1080p even better and turn on the sound.

Makgadikgadi Salt Pans (Botswana), Okavango Delta (Botswana), Kalahari & Namib Deserts (Namibia), Gravel Roads & Moonland (Namibia), Sossusvlei Dunes & Deadvlei (Namibia), Fish Rive Canyon (Namibia)

Attachments

• IMG_0432_RAW324And21more_tonemapped_16-9orez.jpg
    IMG_0432_RAW324And21more_tonemapped_16-9orez.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0591_RAW1168And10more_tonemapped_16-9orez.jpg
    IMG_0591_RAW1168And10more_tonemapped_16-9orez.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0723_RAW1212And10more_tonemapped_16-9orez.jpg
    IMG_0723_RAW1212And10more_tonemapped_16-9orez.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 310

skquad

Zimbabwe - Gonarezhou National Park (Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge)
(2nd largest in ZIM) is an amazing park on the border of Zimbabwe and Mozambique. There are no tourists, which is due to its remoteness from civilization and quite timid animals, which in turn was the result of massacres during the war in Mozambique and Mozambican poachers today's raids. Nature and landscape but its overwhelming.

View attachment 22594View attachment 22595View attachment 22596

We lived in Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge above the Save River (TripAdvisor have awarded Chilo G.S. Lodge the 2014 Certificate for Excellence), and at one late afternoon safari with a still smiling ranger Thomas I could take off 1x , not too far away (less than 100 meters from us was the border with Mozambique, which in turn war, a very large wetland). Not too high (estimated at not less than 30 meters and no higher than 50 meters ), so quite restrictive conditions, but Zimbabwe is quite a complicated country
icon_e_wink.gif

The second flight was on the basis that lodge management saw the video of the first flight in the park, and their enthusiasm necessitated yet another early morning flight just before our departure.

Again, a lot of nerves, in both flights near the same water with the crocodiles and hippos, or rather impenetrable jungle...
Start each underneath the trees , "perfect" flight conditions
icon_e_sad.gif

Unfortunately YAW straying again made ​​his own (active GPS ATTi flight mode), post-production software stabilization not yet (soon)...

A few months later I was at the request of management Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge video shot on the river Save reworked, with post-production software stabilization, and did some color correction. This is a reworked version.

Makgadikgadi Salt Pans (Botswana), Okavango Delta (Botswana), Kalahari & Namib Deserts (Namibia), Gravel Roads & Moonland (Namibia), Sossusvlei Dunes & Deadvlei (Namibia), Fish Rive Canyon (Namibia)

Spectacular! Shame you couldn't go further afield and get some animals in the shot.

An African safari should be on everyone's bucket list. My family and I were lucky enough to do one in 2008 near Krueger. The single best holiday we have ever had. Got a lot of photos but wasn't flying back then unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

gardenroute

...Spectacular! Shame you couldn't go further afield and get some animals in the shot. An African safari should be on everyone's bucket list. My family and I were lucky enough to do one in 2008 near Krueger. The single best holiday we have ever had. Got a lot of photos but wasn't flying back then unfortunately...
Thanks a lot, in another video (Okavango Delta) will the animals from the air :) In this video are just those crocodiles.
If you would like to see the entire episode (including footage from other cameras) of this day & place with Gonarezhou Safari and Animals, so look at this my other Safari Movie also on Y.T..
Kuger N. P. I also visited some years ago, but I still have not multirotor ...

tonyh0905

Farley Hill National Park, Barbados

Here's another short vid from my recent trip to Barbados.

Farley Hill House was built in 1818, and became Barbados's most grand manor house. It was devastated by fire in 1965, a year before Barbados became independent.

bensid54

Thanks for the video! It's amazing that when old structures have fire damage the exterior can withstand the heat and stay standing.

Bob002

Here is my 2nd video I did. Was just doing a quick show and test of the FPV, so that's why the rotor wash. I don't have my gimbal hooked up, so that's the reason for the rotors being in there in the first place.

Av8Chuck

I usually spend Saturday mornings shooting pictures with my niece, last Saturday a friend who built an RC Turbine replica of one of the local firefighting helicopters asked if I would shoot him showing to the crew of that helicopter. We had about two hours to shoot and had a lot of fun.

And that is what this video is for, fun!

SoCal Blur

I usually spend Saturday mornings shooting pictures with my niece, last Saturday a friend who built an RC Turbine replica of one of the local firefighting helicopters asked if I would shoot him showing to the crew of that helicopter. We had about two hours to shoot and had a lot of fun.

And that is what this video is for, fun!

Nice! Hey, was some of that shot at Van Nuys?