S800 yaw when fast forward and backward flight

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

was flying the s800 today with the gh2 gimbal etc. Noticed during fast forward flights that it tends to yaw to the right. Thought it might be a trim remote issue so trimmed against it, but that again lets it yaw left when its just hovering on a spot.
Thinking that it can only be a motors issue since i also heard a mechanical noise when i was yawing left and right for test reasons.

Any other thoughts what could cause the yaw ?

Cant deal with testing all the motors that could be the cause ? :)

Thanks

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Gunter, I will give it a try. But this is my 5 6th wkm built and i never had that issue with any of the other birds and i am flying on the same field as always !

Just talked to someone else who also has the issue, but only with some if his hexa builds strange one !

Just really don't won't to start buying motors and figuring that not the problem !

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Boris,

Does this happen in atti or GPS mode?

If it's GPS, then I am sure the compass should keep the heli going forward, and should adjust the yaw to keep it going straight.

If it is in atti mode, I suppose it could be the motors. Maybe if you try unclipping all of the arms and moving them all around by 120° to see if that makes a difference?

Have you tried re-calibrating?

Ich druecke Ihnen die Daumen!

Gunter.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hallo Gunter,

nein in GPS mode passiert es nicht nur in Attitude. Ja habs vor dem Flug calibrated. Ich glaube es ist was mechanisches ! Motor etc.

Danke dir !!!

Boris

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Boris,

dann kannst Du die Motoren 120º drehen? vielleicht funktioniert es dann besser?

Scheisse, Deutsch ist so schwierig! so wenig geuebt, und so viel zum lernen!! :)

Gunter.

krleas

FPV Freak
I have same problem, so english please.

all my hexa build yaeing up to 90 degrees in wind, no wind is ok.

kloner

Aerial DP
boris said

No in GPS mode, it's not just happening in Attitude. Yes have it calibrated before the flight. I think it's something mechanical! Motor etc.

Thank you!

then gunter said

then you can turn the engine 120 degrees? maybe it works better then?

****, German is so difficult! so little practiced, and to learn so much! :)

haha

Stacky

A bit of a long shot here but could any of these issues be related to the thrust to weight ratio?. I know on another FC platform after a firmware upgrade similar problems came about as the firmware upgrade was tweaking out improved performance but the tolerance of running a machine over the preferred thrust to weight ratio was reduced.

Tahoe Ed

Boris, you fly fast with the S800! OMG I never do that with mine. :nevreness: Actually, I really don't. I have a lot of other MRs that I can do that with. Right now I don't have a Z-15 and could fly fast but I choose not to with this much money in the air and you have more. Ok, call me a wuss. I don't do flips with it either.

cropter

A bit of a long shot here but could any of these issues be related to the thrust to weight ratio?. I know on another FC platform after a firmware upgrade similar problems came about as the firmware upgrade was tweaking out improved performance but the tolerance of running a machine over the preferred thrust to weight ratio was reduced.

I could imagine that this is the cause. It only appears on certain setups with heavy frames and relatively light cameras, at least in my case.