Cinestar 8 size

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Hi Peeps,

Please could someone let me know the motor - motor size of the CS 8. There's nothing posted on their website.

Thanks!

Gunter.

ChrisViperM

Don't know if I understood your question right....but these motors are usable for cinestar 8:

http://shop.jet-1a.com/product_info...=1932&osCsid=1231bb00dc856087c2a10fcbb7912f1a
http://shop.jet-1a.com/product_info...=1990&osCsid=1231bb00dc856087c2a10fcbb7912f1a

Here are the specs and sizes:

http://www.modelmotors.cz/index.php?page=61&product=2826&serie=12&line=GOLD
http://www.modelmotors.cz/index.php?page=61&product=2814&serie=20&line=GOLD

I got the AXI 2814/22 but 2 of the mounting holes do not line up...I mounted the motors just with 2 screws and it holds up perfectly. There is a thread concerning this issue:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?3325-cinestar-8-and-AXI-2814-22-motors-mounting-issue

Chris

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Chris, looking for the dimension over the motors. Yes, thanks Iris.That's what I estimated as well, as that fits 14" props nicely. I just wanted to make 100% sure.

dcoplan

Hey all - I'm new here. Long time cinematographer/Steadicam, but new to aerials. Have been flying a FlameWheel 450 with GoPro for the last couple of months and just did my first "legit" gig - very exciting!

Yesterday ordered the Cinestar 8 with 3-axis gimbal. Now need to order motors, ESC's, and batteries. I'm pretty much a newbie so grateful for any info/advice. I want to be able to comfortably carry an Epic. What do I look for in motors (brand, specs, etc.), ESC's (brand, amp rating, refresh rate?, etc.), and batts (mAh, number of cells, C rating)?

Also shopping for a radio - going Futaba. 8 channel? 10 channel (I'm leaning towards 10)? I notice there are 3 or 4 different models within the 10 channel series - confusing!

Thanks very much for any help!

Dan

3dheliguy

I'm in the same boat for now. I'm trying to decide witch one to get CS8 or droidworx Skyjib. I believe the Skyjib will be a better platform for the red epic, but there's always people making new ideas work for smaller rigs. I think the CS8 with there gimbal system is the best platform for vibration isolation for the DSLR line of cameras, but I'm still in the process of researching this industry.

dcoplan

I ended up choosing the Cinestar because I heard from a number of sources that the SkyJib is a beast and not modular like the Cinestar, so harder to break down and travel with. And pull apart if there's a problem. But it is recognized as THE heavy lift multirotor. I also researched flying the Epic on the Cinestar and while it's not promoted that way, a number of people are doing it successfully. I'm in the middle of my build right now.

However! Droidworx is soon to come out with a model of the SkyJib that will fold up more compactly. I don't have the direct link, but if you look around on their site you should be able to find the info.

Dan

3dheliguy

Wow so many people say that, but all I did is un bolt some of the arm holders and slid them sideways. Seem to be very modular but I have talked to quadrocopter to, and they gave me good reason to keep researching.

But I did hear about the new droidworx system coming out, but I'm not interested in that because that's going to add a whole new level of problems in the rigidy department, I would rather get the dji s800 than that one sad to say.

I think your going in the right direction I wish I was that far along. What motors, escs, fc, and props?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
The Cinestar is way over marketed. The only reason to get the cinestar over the DW is for the gimbal. And their gimbal is pretty nice. but i agree, that Quadrocopter advertises being able to easily detach the arms when in reality you still need to loosen at least 4 bolts per arm and reconfigure the 3 wires per motor. If you want super fast disassembly get the s800, but then you get stuck having to deal with DJI's proprietary bs. Personally I fly an XY8 which has all the perks of the octo but add better in wind, never shows props, and fits in the back of your car without any issues. Design courtesy of Bart who had the courage to try this configuration out. You do lose a little efficiency and therefore a little lift but all in all it's not that noticeable. As we now have a Sony fs700 I too am trying to figure out what to lift it with. Although it is a 1/4 the price of the Epic it's still a lot to put in the air knowing that inevitably gravity always wins. I think having really good motors/esc's is the biggest key. Hoverfly pro, octo or X8, and some AXI 2826/12's minimum.

3dheliguy

Ok, so if you were thinking of getting into this at first and you are mechanically decent, and a very proficient flyer would you go
For the DW SJ and bite the bullet for expansion In the future or would you go for a lesser like the AD8 or Cinestar?

3dheliguy

O and you are so correct about Cinestar Gimbal good stuff, the most rigid design for sure, but what bugs me is that I would like
To fly big and fast for a more diversified portfolio for work, but I see so many videos with the Cinestar showing it's booms and
Motors in it's flights leading me to believe that this system is more geared toward really slow and smooth flight witch is kinda not what I'm looking for. Also I'm interested in there radian system coming out, but I feel there gimbal plus stabilizer is very pricy for not being direct to drive servos. But if it works good then why not, I just hope they don't us the public for there gunea pigs.

Plz let me know what you think of this situation?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Check out the new page a DW for some sneak prevues of the new DW SJ. I have some others ready to post but am waiting on the go ahead from DW. I would hold on a bit before committing. And I would say that to any one just about to push the button on any large frame. The new DW systems are modular and much easier to pack than any other system I know of.

I have built both DW and CS frames. There is not much between them, The R&D and commitment to quality engineering is plain to see in both systems. The CS as it stands right now is lighter than the DW SJ. I have not seen either flown with cameras as big as the Epics. I think Kreas at KopterWorx has but he has modified a CS8 in to a X4 swinging bigger props. He has some video of if filmimg a car add on his site.

Personally I like the DW frames, they just seem.... mm well chunkier.. look the part. TAbbs CS series is with uot doubt a major player and a quality system so I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to you!

There is other configs out there. Barts frame seems to be a good set up but I have not seen it fly heaver loads. Maybe Irisaerial will post some with it carrying his new FS700

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
that fs aint going up with my current motors/esc's I am flying tiger2814's. I'm still deciding if i want to go back to a SRH. :(

3dheliguy

Yeah, but I know there will be so much stuff that will need to be upgraded for SJ after it hits the market, and I have a funny
Feeling it's going to cost more than the previous SJ V3 edition, and that thing is already bordering on Holy Molly Status.

So yes I'm excited to see the new systems from DW, I just dont think for a pilot, but not in the industry yet...might be a bit to steep for me. My limit is around 8000 or so. Keep in mind I build everything myself unlike so many who buy these for an arm and leg and don't want to spend a couple hours of there life to figure out there toy that could seriously hurt someone or mame.
I laugh when I see these ready to fly kits for little helicopters that cost 50 bucks, but these octos are no joke, and are getting a
Little to popular in some areas causing the government to take notice ugh.

I wish they would cut the S**t out the FAA is getting pissed at all these PPL that are flying these system and doing dum stuff in the US.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The slightly delayed releace of the new DW system is to ensure the will be no need for upgrades. They have spent a lot of time and effort into the new system, not just the design but the whole process of delivering a truly dependable package that will set new standards. DW is a driven team of perfectionists that have learnt a lot over the last couple of years, as we all have. No doubt Tabb will have developments under his hat also and knowing his track record as soon as the new DW systems are out there will be something else he releases.

Its all good for us as consumers as competition amongst the two top players in the frame business will continue to develop better and better systems.

As for your comments on the FAA. I still am bemused at their stance and even more bemused that they have not got everyone in court who are flying these things commecially in the US. Its like they are sticking their head in the sand. I just hope for all you guys in the states tat when they pull it out they see sense and allow regulated companies to operate legally and not come up with both guns blazing. I guess that will depend on how much pressure other commercial operations using traditional means puts on them.

Onward and upward.

Dave