CrashMaster

yeah but have y'all mastered the art of flying your op without the camera running? I am the BOSS of that shtick.
Yep got some nice shots at the mother-in-laws and the following day checked the SD card to find nothing new...... She wants to see the footage too.

kloner

Aerial DP
was out tuning the 2 axis hexacrafter 650 & hexacrafter 800 with the av200 and skyline. pregame stress testing.....

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
ballast..... lens is a weird size

here it is no post stab with a nex and ios

the canon footage is clearer but i didn't catch a copy of it

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Love the onboard shot of the camera gimbal setup....... adds a very nice highlight at the end of the vid... Was it necessary to also add a counterbalance weight on the opposite side of the Hex to balance the GoPro mounted out on the motor arm?
was out tuning the 2 axis hexacrafter 650 & hexacrafter 800 with the av200 and skyline. pregame stress testing.....

tstrike

pendejo grande
I don't know who's getting more outta those tracks, the railroad company or Arial MOB? Dude, you had a vision...

kloner

Aerial DP
we got into summer and ran into some snags with my style of what were offering so it got into some reconfiguring everything we got to handle it. when your in San Diego, you got south, runs into mexico, north, heads into LA, west puts you at daves, great eye candy but the last place you wanna crash, trust me, that leaves East. leaving my house you enter what people remember as where San Diego burned to the ground, so i gotta go a little past that which is the first exit over our mountain range. The tracks have been closed since the mid 70's and the general area is government land, can't fly RC threre so we fly the outskirts and this is the closest one. I like the track cause it gives me a target to follow instead of just making it up, also easy to bail out the side and crashes tend to get cushioned along it from the slope. It works for us. We got a big week coming up, this was making absolute sure them are gonna workout. I gotta go back today sometime and check one more change. this place is 90 in the dark and will be 111 today, last week it hit 121

The hex isn't as touchy to cg as them dam gimbals. it probably was somewhat countered when the packs get loaded. I check cg every flight

tstrike

pendejo grande
I love the train track stuff. For all the problems people had with the skyline, you guys look like you have yours dialed in pretty well. With all this brushless gimbal talk you forget that you can still get quality out of the "old" systems. Do you have any trouble with your bg on fff, like not being able to handle the wind force hitting the camera and fighting yaw?

kloner

Aerial DP
so far the servo gimbal works better than our brushless in that particular area. The only thing i've ever touched in the skyline software is to load the firmware and calibrate it. every other problem (and ours started out screwed) was mechanical. I tear it down, re lube all the points every couple months and stay on top of pre load on the axis ........ theres alot to a gimbal. the brushless is smoother when you control it, but so far our isolation and it haven't lined up right to where we get movement of the gimbal itself under the rig, vibes are kinda be introduced i think that affect it alot worse than the skyline seems to. the servo gimbal seems a little touchy but has remained old reliable.

were completely surrounded by proving grounds out there. As long as we stay outta there way where in the exact spot the faa would want us doing this.

kloner

Aerial DP
jcmonty and i had donated our time with his brother in law to give a go at mofilms cannes lion contest. made it to the top ten, but not top 5. we gave it hell, this was the cut.

kloner

Aerial DP
Thanks, it's like a baby, takes two. JC and i have slowly been meshing into one. were getting pretty close. I totaly get the hardware part of this, i understand how to make my rigs act like something on a simulator so it makes it pretty easy. the hardest part is how new this is when you show up even to a real shoot with people that have done video forever have no idea what to have you do so you just go. I'm getting better but man, it takes so much confidence to go get 10' from a motorcycle flying through the sky or 5 feet from a dudes face while he's running. it's getting to where i'm not nervous anymore so it should get easier to get more baller off the bat.

Jesse is currently in 1st place on American Nija, such a down to earth cool cat, reminds me of a gazelle or an alley cat. crazy as hell and tough as nails.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Thanks, it's like a baby, takes two. JC and i have slowly been meshing into one. were getting pretty close. I totaly get the hardware part of this, i understand how to make my rigs act like something on a simulator so it makes it pretty easy. the hardest part is how new this is when you show up even to a real shoot with people that have done video forever have no idea what to have you do so you just go. I'm getting better but man, it takes so much confidence to go get 10' from a motorcycle flying through the sky or 5 feet from a dudes face while he's running. it's getting to where i'm not nervous anymore so it should get easier to get more baller off the bat.

Jesse is currently in 1st place on American Nija, such a down to earth cool cat, reminds me of a gazelle or an alley cat. crazy as hell and tough as nails.

That's the most down to earth real way of describing this, I've ever read. It's nice to read something that talks about the commitment, understanding and fear of all this. Not just fear of damaging equipment, but the respect to understand that someone could get hurt. Keep it up Kloner, I love the videos and enjoy the read.

Stay cool dude.

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks guys, we got alot of passion for this stuff...... love the game

kloner

Aerial DP
Aviara hole 17 today. Got a weird monsoon thing going on, little rain here and there