stock DJI F450 max load

haris_g

people can fly
how can I know the max load my stock (frame, motors, ESC's) F450 with Naza and 10x5 Graupners can lift?
is there a formula or a known chart?
I would like to know that coz interested to replace the gopro and fit any of the bigger ones I have

I weighted mine, with receiver, stock, but without props, battery and prop nut. Comes to 684g. A set of four Graupners 10x5 comes in at 50g. Assuming 1600g is max, that leaves 866g for battery and camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

BerndM

Your post got me wondering, so I went out and weighed my DJI NAZA F450 Flamewheel

With the GoPro HD camera and a 2200 3S Lipo
2 pounds 4 oz (1030 grams)
Max additional load is 570 grams or 1 pound 4 oz

Same setup but with a 4000 3S Lipo
2 pounds 11 oz (1225 grams)
Max additional load is 375 grams or 13 oz

haris_g

people can fly
Billy, better worry about what you can afford, don't believe always what you've being told, show some respect, grow up!

Only joking haris, if you think you've got problems, we've got to have a sense of humour here in the UK right now. Our government don't know what to do either.

Anyway, as has been confirmed, the manual states 800g to 1.6Kg. To be fair, if there is any wind and it only weighs under a kilo, you have a struggle to get it to come down. My 450 weight is 1.2Kg and it handles better with a bit more of a payload on. Mine carries a GoPro, 2200 3S lipo, Immersion 600mw transmitter, Spektrum receiver,

haris_g

people can fly
thank you for clearing your intentions, you know it's a sad situation and hard to take it lightly.

back to the point now, thanks for the details of your set up, especially will take in to consideration the " better with a bit more of a payload on " part
PS can I ask how you find the Immersion Tx in terms of heat and range?

I wish you well in getting things back on track over there, good luck.
Re the Immersion - yes I became aware yesterday that both of my Immersion 600mw xmitters get quite hot but mine are mounted on top and therefore I hope there is enough airflow around them whilst in flight. Rangewise, I've only had the 450 about 300 metres away but so far so good. I'm still experimenting.

Mine F450 with landing gear and gimbal for gopro is 2/2,1 kg. so the payload is higher than DJI declare, the only conditions is to use lipo 4S and it can carry many weight more ;-)

azure

I was flying my F450 at right around the stated 1600g max. It lifted the load and "flew", but was underpowered when flying aggressively. I found it hard to arrest fast rates of decent. Plus the motors would oscillate under the strain of high power throttle inputs. I put on bigger motors (2814s), still using the stock DJI 30A ESCs. Much better now.