experienced pilot but now getting into quads

Hi Everyone

I have been flying ever since I was 17, and learned to fly (real planes) in Tiger Moths back in 1961. I have kept my licence up on and off ever since then, and have done parachute flying, filming flights and all sorts of other stuff.

My model flying started some 22 years ago with some sundry planks, but I soon turned to helicopters and started with Morley 300's. I somehow learned how to make these monsters fly, and progressed up to Kalt Barons, Schluter 60's, and even some Vario kit.

I now like to fly scale helicopters, and have several in my hangar, including a Trex450 in Hughes 500E fuselage with 5 blade head and Align 3G, a Trex 500 in a Hughes fuselage with a standard head right now, but it is due to go to a scale head real soon with CopterX x-3100 electronics and a BO 105 with 4 blade head and Align 3GX.

I have been watching the development of the multi gyro systems that have in their turn led to FBL in Helicopters and the development of Quads. As a double benefit, the use of FPV is a dream to me, as it means I can still get the feel of "real" flying from a pilots point of view, but at a lot less cost than renting an aircraft from Blackpool Airport.

Anyway, I am rambling, but I hope to not ask to many dumb questions here, but I am still on a learning curve, but I also like to pay back by answering questions if I am able to do so. I have done this extensively on the Helguy heli forum amongst various others. I really look forward to getting to know many of you via this forum in the near future.

Thanks for bothering to read my ramblings :shame:

Kari

Hello and welcome to the forum, there are huge amount of great knowledge to all kind of multirotorplatforms in this forum. This is a great fun to do but one thing i miss flying real plane is feeling g-forces in *** when pull the stick. ;)

Kari

Hey Kari, thanks for the welcome, and isn't that just the truth, but when it is "almost" as good as you are in the cockpit, and it is costing almost nothing to do it, I guess that is the price we pay for it.

Maybe someone will come up with a pilot seat complete with controls and actuators to simulate G forces - any takers ?

Lumalee

Hey Ian, nice to see you followed my link to this place and great to see you here, only a noob on here myself but makes for great reading and learning and a good bunch of people all willing to help, welcome aboard pal.

Cheers Lumalee it seems to be a great site for all the help I am sure I will need as I get up to speed with these things. I am pretty good at picking stuff up usually, and I am sure my heli background will be helpful too.

Hopefully see you around...

Hey Ian, nice to see you followed my link to this place and great to see you here, only a noob on here myself but makes for great reading and learning and a good bunch of people all willing to help, welcome aboard pal.