Flamewheel 450 Flips over.

dennis

I have checked everything over and over and I'm sure everything is correct but as soon as I advance the throttle it will flip over on it's back. Three times so far and I'm at a loss. It flips from front to back. Sure could use some help.

Thanks,
Dennis:upset:

Lumalee

Only a noob myself but common sense says to me that the props are not on properly, as in the right way round, or the motors are also not rotating in the right direction (wired up incorrectly). Have you checked them in reference to the instructions. HTH

Hi Dennis,

Can you tell us what flight controller are you using? What radio TX are you using (make sure it's in ACRO or plane mode and not HELI mode).

assuming you are using a DJI Naza controller - make sure you are in ATTI mode and not Manual mode using whatever switch you configured in the assistant software to toggle between the two.

I know you said you checked everything, but lets make sure you have the following:
- Motor assignments match the diagram in the manual (in the software as well)
- Motors rotate CW/CCW matching the diagram (swapping leads on the ESC accomplishes this)
-Correct props for motor rotations.

Lastly, check your gains. If set too high, they will cause the craft to behave erratically.

I may be overstating the obvious but understand your frustration.

Cheers,
Leon

yeehaanow

The greatest thing about quads and multi's in general is that you can maiden 'by hand', have someone hold on to it securely at first, then let it float (if it will) and check the controls and stabilization. It saved me because I had it backwards the first time.

dennis

Motors rotate in proper direction, props on correct also. NAZA controller and my radio is a JR XP9303 with a Spektrum DM9 2.4GHz Module. Where and how do you set the gain? Thanks!

The gain settings are under the "AutoPilot" tab in the Naza assistant software. I have the X1 channel mapped to the analog knob on my Futaba 7C so I can make gain adjustments mid flight.

Also, check un the TX-CALI tab in the software to ensure that you have a switch mapped to flip between Manual and ATTI modes. Test it by flipping said switch and the M and A symbols should turn blue; I had to adjust the travel on that switch on my Futaba to 58% to get them to light up. Otherwise the Naza will be in manual mode I believe which to me feels a little more intense.

yeehaanow

Did you do the setup on the computer???? It's not a plug-n-go controller by any means.
The gains are all there.

dennis

Hmmm, I was in the autopilot tab but did not do anything in it. Looks like I need to revisit. I'll try and do some mapping also.

Thanks to everyone!

Dennis

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
It sounds like the IMU is pointing in the wrong direction. Double check the direction on the heli and then in the assistant software.

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennis

Gain was set to zero, have not set it up yet. Hopfully that is the problem. IMU is correct. Thanks for reply. Can't wait to get it flying!

dts

Here are a couple things I confirmed/corrected when flipping:
1) Confirm the props are going in the right direction and mounted correctly.
2) If you unplugged a motor and plugged the wires back in in different order, the direction/polarity will change. Make sure the motors are spinning in the right direction
3) naza controller was not pointing in the right direction. Folks on this forum helped me with that one.

dennis

Success at last! Increased the gain and also double checked the direction of the MC, sure enough it was reversed, I must have got it turned around when I was tying the wires to make it neat looking. Grandchildren and I took it to the front yard and it took off and flew great. Thanks to all for the help! My 12 year old grandson was having a blast flying and is looking forward for more fun, and is asking about FPV flying. I didn't mention that I was also having a problem with one of the motors not wanting to start until more throttle is applied, it will sit there and oscillate, swapped to another ESC and it still does it. Ordered another from Atlanta Hobby along with some spare 10in. blades.

Thanks again to all who replied with help!

R/,
Dennis

Tahoe Ed

Quart, for a starting point I would try 145/145/145/160 for the basic gains and 90/90 for the ATTI gains. Right now I am flying both my DJI F550 and F450 at 200/200/200/200 and 160/160. That is my personal preference. Go back a review the manual as to what each of the gain settings does. The new manual has a quite good explanation. I would also make sure that your quad is balanced front to back and side to side with the battery installed.