Hello from South Texas

marvin081

Hello Everybody. I'm new to multi rotors, I'm thinking of starting a build of a quad. I have fair knowledge of electronics and have been in the hobby for a while. I have two Hpi Savage and a 450 Trex clone (witch i haven't fly yet, hopefully ill fly it soon). I'm gonna do a built from scratch quad making my own frame. Any sugestion on materials to use is welcome. Thanks for all your help in advance and ill be spnding a lot of time in the MRC Build section.:highly_amused:

helimac

Hello Everybody. I'm new to multi rotors, I'm thinking of starting a build of a quad. I have fair knowledge of electronics and have been in the hobby for a while. I have two Hpi Savage and a 450 Trex clone (witch i haven't fly yet, hopefully ill fly it soon). I'm gonna do a built from scratch quad making my own frame. Any sugestion on materials to use is welcome. Thanks for all your help in advance and ill be spnding a lot of time in the MRC Build section.:highly_amused:

Hi , you will know quite a lot of Professional quad builders here in this community that can tell you a lot .

What material you use before ?

lei

marvin081

Well this is going to be my first build ever. Im thinking of using 2mm aluminum plates and 4 tail booms for a 450 heli. Motor wise I havent decided and for a FC im hoping to get a CC board (if I find one). I have been reading avout that CC and I realy like the design and functions it has. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

helimac

aluminum plates is quite heavy weighted , didn't you think so ?

Is it a cheap material comparing to CF ?

marvin081

Here is a sketch of what I have in mind.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325829784761.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325829784761.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 262

marvin081

aluminum plates is quite heavy weighted , didn't you think so ?

Is it a cheap material comparing to CF ?

Well I really dont know. I guess ill find out weight and compare various materials before diving in.

helimac

Well I really dont know. I guess ill find out weight and compare various materials before diving in.

IF you want G10 fiberglass Material or Carbon Fiber Material , Pls feel free contact me by PM !

Thank you