Hi from Italy

xander1990

Hello fellow pilots!

Just wanted to check in and say hi, I'm Italian and I've been piloting drones for quite some time, but I'm new to Fpv. A friend of mine introduced me to Fpv some time ago and I watched him as he was soldering my first drone. After many months of work due to covid it was finally time for my maiden flight, which went horribly wrong. XD
Started well, in a matter of secs lost control and vtx on my goggles, the screen was pitch black. Spent 7 hours walking in the area of the crash, looked for the 5" quad everywhere, in woods, bushes, river beds, on trees...thought I lost it. Two months later I got a phone call from an unknown number: it was this guy living in the area who found my quad. Went back there to get it, and surprise, after 2 months under rain and snow, the only damage where a prop and the gopro mount which was half destroyed. Checked that all the other parts where ok and went to a field in a much easier location with my building-quad-friend and his girlfriend and this time it all went well, started gaining confidence with the quad and was f*cking amazing! It all went well except for the fact that I got a punctured tyre and I didn't realize until it was evening and time to leave, but this is another story. lol
I'm here to learn a lot, help when I can and share my flights as soon as I dare to mount a gopro on.
Below there's my current build, I'm going to start assembling my second one very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_6698.jpg
    IMG_6698.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 125