HS120D help

Skeptic14

I'm new to drones so I bought a pretty simple one, hs120d.

Read all the instructions, tried 4 flights (non gps mode inside my garage) each time ending pretty destructively. All calibrations go fine, the drone is ready to fly the motors are started and as soon as the one touch lift off is pressed the drone basically is unresponsive to the controller. It just begins to drift, it wont descend, won't land and attempting to steer it appears to just increase the velocity of the drift until it crashes into a wall and beats itself and obstacles up pretty nicely. Re-read the instructions a few times each time but the result was the same for all 4 flights, the rotors are basically destroyed and the total flight time is less than 30 seconds for all 4 flights before it veered into an obstacle.

Should this drone be this uncontrollable in non-gps mode? Was it naive to assume that it should be able to hover fairly controllable inside my garage and be able to slowly flight it back and forth a bit to get a hang of things?

Jason S

it wont get gps signal if the drone cant see the sky. If you flying in your garage it was probably in manual mode making it harder to fly if your just starting out.

the best way to check if your controller is ok and you have control is to either get a friend to hold it in the air start the motors with a little throttle then play with the sticks. left stick drone tilts left etc.

Or tie it down then do the same things before taking off again. You know straight away if you controller is wrong or not set-up. It might in maybe in mode 1 or you need to change it to mode 2?

klbarr

I'm new to drones so I bought a pretty simple one, hs120d.

Read all the instructions, tried 4 flights (non gps mode inside my garage) each time ending pretty destructively. All calibrations go fine, the drone is ready to fly the motors are started and as soon as the one touch lift off is pressed the drone basically is unresponsive to the controller. It just begins to drift, it wont descend, won't land and attempting to steer it appears to just increase the velocity of the drift until it crashes into a wall and beats itself and obstacles up pretty nicely. Re-read the instructions a few times each time but the result was the same for all 4 flights, the rotors are basically destroyed and the total flight time is less than 30 seconds for all 4 flights before it veered into an obstacle.

Should this drone be this uncontrollable in non-gps mode? Was it naive to assume that it should be able to hover fairly controllable inside my garage and be able to slowly flight it back and forth a bit to get a hang of things?
I LOVE this little drone! I live in a heavily wooded neighborhood and my flight area is about 100ft, just above the trees. Take that puppy outside, send 'er way up and off you go!