Wantabe blues

chucketn

Been trying to find info on what under $50.00 drone/quad to get for an absolute beginner. Seems every time I pick up on a brand or model and chase down sellers, that model is out of stock with no estimate when, or even if it will be available.
Looking at used stuff is just as frustrating. I find a listing for a used model that needs parts or a battery, same problem. Out of stock with no availability date.
Seeing all the posts in the beginners forum with no responses, I guess beginners are scorned.

MJW

Morning Chuck, thanks for the reply about the flyaway, that was $200 off into the wild blue yonder.
With this technology and the chance of a mass production flawed component things are going to happen.

If you can save another $25 the Bugs 3 is going to be on clearance till they're all gone,
The deal I was chasing down last time we talked fell through, the seller couldn't locate it in his "warehouse" and went to a complete flake trying to blame others.

Right now the Bugs 3 is going for $70 in a RTF kit, on Amazon, and that's where I'm going on this, I want a sport type flyer, the D80 was a slug in the air, I never was thrilled with it's flying ability, but it was a camera based drone, they don't get frisky in the air, they take pictures so they stay docile. and boring.

You can add a nose camera to the B3, the circuitry is in there for that. or you can also add a GoPro under it in a camera bracket they supply, the also supply extended landing gear for that so it's really a screamin' deal for the beginner.
The transmitter has 3 flight modes, easy to learn, good flight times on the batteries, generic shape to the battery pack so replacements are every where, even up grades to more power and longer flight times.

Just check the reviews and you'll see what I mean.