buying advice for new drone

Kevin K

Hello, I am interested in drone and considering purchasing one for local personal use.
Some features I have learned about and am interested in are ease of flight -aerial stills
and video -auto return to start base - built in camera (does NOT use or need smart phone)
In general, I am looking for ease of use and flight to make aerial videos and hopefully not
crash my investment. I am looking to spend perhaps $100-$300, but would consider more or
less based upon this groups recommendation. Again, I am completely inexperienced in using
drone, but am very interested to learn with a model and type that makes that fairly easy. Thank
you for your thoughts and recommendations!

MJW

Morning Kevin, here's what I've learned about camera ships under $300 and easy to fly.

The basic things to look for, larger air-frame, gimbaled camera, GPS, and brushless motors.

if you've never flown before, then first you gotta learn to fly, and an inexpensive drone is cheaper to learn on than a $300 drone.

I'd suggest you go to Youtube and put your question in the search bar and watch a bunch of video's first.
There's also battery basics to learn, charging and storage.

But most importantly take your time,if you hurry it will get expensive too fast.

Locate an RC flying club near you and go to one of their flying fields on a weekend and ask questions, watch & learn..

Here's an example of a good YT video

And part 2

Last edited:

MJW

And for a few dollars more, you don't really need much fly experience, this one is mostly Camera ship.

MJW

So that will give you an idea of how to start your research for what you want in a drone, each of us has our priorities so there's a lot of choices to suit anybody's needs.

It's impossible to suggest just one drone for your parameters,
But first, learn to fly on an inexpensive drone under $100.

X5uw_newb

Hey kevin,

I was in your shoes a few months ago and took the advice MJW is giving. I bought a cheap drone to have some fun with. I had alot of RC car experience so it wasnt long before I was comfortable and ready to step it up and spend some more for a cheap brushless gps drone.

If youve taken the plunge let us know.