Gps issue

Garagedude

I made a plunge from the small indoor quads to a MJX X103W. I got it going except the GPS. I can't get it to find any GPS signals. I'm pretty sure its not where I live (near Lou, Ky.) I can get 12 satellites on my Garmin for my bike but this MJX X103W says 0. I've done the calibrate thing several times but still no satellites. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Tortugapaul

Well, I didn't get any help, no thoughts?
I did some research and found a website that has a replacement GPS board here https://www.rc-helicopter-spare-par...quadcopter-spare-parts-gps-board-p-21428.html I also found where the module is, under the bottom where the TF card goes there is a screw if you remove that the camera slides forward and the GPS board is there with the camera plugged into it there is a grey and a black coax cables one of mine appeared to be loose so I reset it (pushed it down into place) . Don't know if this will work but may check it tomorrow. I hope this helps you!

Jason S

I remember seeing this one with gps or gesture mode? I have no idea but maybe try flicking that switch up or down see if something changes

Tortugapaul

I made a plunge from the small indoor quads to a MJX X103W. I got it going except the GPS. I can't get it to find any GPS signals. I'm pretty sure its not where I live (near Lou, Ky.) I can get 12 satellites on my Garmin for my bike but this MJX X103W says 0. I've done the calibrate thing several times but still no satellites. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

I just found out (and maybe you already knew this) if the compass calibration is not done correctly (front lights green rear lights red on steady) it won't pick up any GPS signal, I hope this helps as this was my problem, the front and rear lights were flashing light green (according to the instructions it's yellow) I did the compass calibration several times before I got it to calibrate but it worked! except I was in the house and had to hang onto the drone until I got it shut off! What an experience! I hope I have been some help to you , Good Luck, Paul