4 Mini OSD's and none of them work!!

tomb18

So, I have a Naza V2 flight controller and I bought a Mini OSD controller. I hooked it all up and there was no output of OSD data. So I did an RMA but to save time I bought another one.
Guess what, same thing! So I sent it back, and DJI returned after 3 months, both of them under warantee repair.
Guess what, both do not work!
So what is going on? I am using the latest firmware, on the Naza, I am using a ready made RC NTSC camera. I have tried two different monitors and never any OSD.
Is there something I have to enable in the firmware? What is going on?
I have done searches and I have found many threads where the OSD's were not working. RMA usually fixed this up.
Do I need to scrap the whole NAZA and move to a PixHalk?
Help!

tomb18

I can't believe this. No one will help!
Not only that, a post on DJI's forum was just deleted with no replies.
Isn't anyone using a DJI Mini OSD successfully?

I have 2 and they both work fine. I have heard someone comment that they have a high failure rate and a lot of them that ship do not work but its hard to believe you got 4 of them. Are you absolutely certain you have it wired up right? I had to make a custom wire harness for mine.

tomb18

I triple checked the harness. Been doing electronics all my life (I'm 58) (design too).
I don't believe DJI even tested them or looked at them at the factory. It took three months and after I complained twice and then mentioned a youtube video, it was returned the next day. One new one, untested, and the original one not repaired.
I posted the follow up at DJI forums and they deleted the forum post.
I also tried a different PMU. It made no difference.
The harness is correct. The video is powered, the transmitter is powered, the video works and it goes in and then out of the miniOSD. Everything looks good but no OSD.

Alwil

I don't know what to even tell you. I have 3 currently on different multirotors and all
work fine. With the video passing thru- it has to be internal. I have never pulled one apart.
Really makes you wonder.

Yes if your putting video in and getting it out but no OSD it sounds like you got defective ones. That sucks that you had rotten luck.

calvin baker jr

So, I have a Naza V2 flight controller and I bought a Mini OSD controller. I hooked it all up and there was no output of OSD data. So I did an RMA but to save time I bought another one.
Guess what, same thing! So I sent it back, and DJI returned after 3 months, both of them under warantee repair.
Guess what, both do not work!
So what is going on? I am using the latest firmware, on the Naza, I am using a ready made RC NTSC camera. I have tried two different monitors and never any OSD.
Is there something I have to enable in the firmware? What is going on?
I have done searches and I have found many threads where the OSD's were not working. RMA usually fixed this up.
Do I need to scrap the whole NAZA and move to a PixHalk?
Help!
Im using the N2 OSD with the Naza M Lite and Ive not had any major issues except I cant monitor voltage. Which particular OSD are you using and are you plugged into the F1 green and F2 blue om the bottom pins?