Visuo Xs812 mods

Vinny0286

Hi guys,
New to the forum and a true beginner with flying. I've owned a Parrot bebop (1) with skycontroller but didn't use it much so I've decided to sell it.
But lately the interest in drones came back and I've ordered the visuo xs812 to start with. I expect to receive the drone this week and I'm wondering what mods I can do to extend the range. What kind of external antenna do I need to place on the drone and wich antenna do I use for the controller?
Hoping anyone here has done these mods and want to share their experience.

Thanks in advance

Piotr-pol

Hi, did you manage to do any mods on this drone? I think it's totally closed system so you can't do a lot.

I wonder if Visuo have any support, personally I'm not able to use follow flight and I have no Idea why :-(

Vinny0286

I did do a mod. I replace the internal antenna with an external antenna (+12dbi I believe). And when I took it for a test flight, it stoppen at exactly 200 meters. So no mods possible for a noob like me.
And I had the same problem with the drone. Didn't follow at all. Also, when I inserted a sd-card, it wouldn't connect to the wifi.

I didn't like the short range, the camera quality and the short flight time. But this low budget drone did proof to me that I really like to fly a drone, so now I bought a more capabele drone. I bought the Fimi X8 SE. And it is sooooo much better.