rookie need help getting my drone setup to fly

Caupwhiting

My name is Jay, I’m 64 and new to the hobby. I have never flown a drone. I recently bought a Phantom 1 in excellent condition as far as I can see. I'm finding out that this is fairly old technology but think it will suit my purposes. My plan is to take this with us when my wife and I hike. Think It will be fun to see the area(s) from a birds eye view.

It did not come with a manual so I’m not sure what steps I need to take in order to get it to fly.

Do I need software in order to fly it and not lose it? If so, where can I download it?

It came with two batteries. I am able to charge one of them, but for the other battery the charger blinks back and forth from the large red light and one of the smaller red lights. Does this mean the battery is bad?

That’s it for now.

Thank you,

Jay

My name is Jay, I’m 64 and new to the hobby. I have never flown a drone. I recently bought a Phantom 1 in excellent condition as far as I can see. I'm finding out that this is fairly old technology but think it will suit my purposes. My plan is to take this with us when my wife and I hike. Think It will be fun to see the area(s) from a birds eye view.

It did not come with a manual so I’m not sure what steps I need to take in order to get it to fly.

Do I need software in order to fly it and not lose it? If so, where can I download it?

It came with two batteries. I am able to charge one of them, but for the other battery the charger blinks back and forth from the large red light and one of the smaller red lights. Does this mean the battery is bad?

That’s it for now.

Thank you,

Jay
Not an expert on Phantom 1 but I think they don't support that drone anymore but you still can fly it.

Last edited by a moderator: