Need Help! Help me choose my first drone setup!

doom3crazy

So I am brand new into the whole FPV drone thing but I am very excited to learn and be apart of such a wonderful community. First things first::

1. I assumed that starting with one of these "all in one kits" (goggles, radio, drone etc) could be good except I would really like something that can grow with me. I am a quick learner and I've read with a lot of these all in one kits you can't use the radios and other things on different setups.

2. I figured starting with a mini whoop style drone that I could fly indoors/outdoors might be the best option to learn with not as much risk involved but at the same time I am not opposed to starting with a 5inch quad copter race drone. Let me know what you think.

3. As far as radios, it seems like the flysky i6 would be a good budget starter that could grow with me.

4. Goggles- I am open to suggestions on this one. There seems to be so many options. I'd like some dvr so that I could record but not looking to spend a ton of money just yet.

5. And lastly, drones. so far the only options i've really explored have been either building my own 5inch race drone for around 100$ ish, or any of the smaller mini drones.
I've looked at the eachine m80s, eachine q90c(all in one kit), eachine qx65, king kong tiny 6x, 7x, & 8x, as well as the king kong et125, happymodel snapper 7, blade inductrix, and then some of the cheap furibee drones(although they seem so cheap I am sure those might not be the best option)

Anyways, I am open to any and all suggestions. I plan to learn line of sight flying first(as I've been told that it's best) and then follow that up with fpv flying.

doom3crazy

I mean yeah sure but it would seem as though goggles for the gps/wifi type drones are not a readily available, is this true?

There are a lot of options out there. I started with a mini quadcopter to learn how to control and fly it. It was less than $50. After getting the Remote Pilot Certificate, I invested in a DJI Phantom Pro which is a lot more fun with a lot more capability.

I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish with flying your drone.

Kat
Pilot Element
pilotelement.com

doom3crazy

I'd say the main appeal for me is both wanting to fly very fast/race drones/do tricks + the fpv added element to make it feel like a video game. I like the idea of an immersive experience. I was a big gamer kid when I was young so it def appeals to me in that regard.

I'd say the main appeal for me is both wanting to fly very fast/race drones/do tricks + the fpv added element to make it feel like a video game. I like the idea of an immersive experience. I was a big gamer kid when I was young so it def appeals to me in that regard.

There are some packages on Amazon that look like a good starting point for your shopping. I looked up "racing drone" on Amazon and a few good ones popped up. Some even have controllers and goggles with the purchase. It sounds like a fun way to fly drones. Thinking about trying it out myself now! Good luck in your search!

Kat
Pilot Element
http://www.pilotelement.com

JCDSparky

Hello all!..
Well you mention you are just getting into it so I doubt a 5" Racer would be the best choice at the moment. I would invest into a transmitter that can connect to your computer or laptop and learn the basic's (like super light stick movement for one) on a simulator . I use the DRL Sim myself and a xbox one S Controller and at first it was almost frustrating enough to be glad I only had 20 bucks into it >> Now after 2 weeks of persistance and many many many hours of flying the sim, my new " starter UAV will be here on Fri. I went with a kit from banggood for about 120 that came with the drone the controller the FPV Box style and a monitor for starting.
I would have to suggest the same for you or anyone getting started in this and Ive been doing R/C including 1/8 scale Nitro Monster trucks racing for over 15 yrs also includign helo's and fixed wing.
Also check out the FAA Part 107 exam if you really get interested into this freaking amazing sport with so many awesome people!!
P.S. There are a Gazzillion Youtube videos to watch on this including beginners guides, drone tests, stunts and more. I watch the Rotor Riot guys all the time (It's even playing one of their's right now LOL)
JCDSparky