repair expense?

Jacki

Have a chance to buy a $700 drone for $100. It was given to a guy when his neighbor moved. The neighbor said it worked fine the last time he used it, but he lost the charger and controller. The guy who now has it assumes it still works. Aside from the cost of a controller and charger, how much could "routine electronic" repairs run if I buy the lost parts and it still doesn't work? Thanks

JCLs

The heart of the quad is the controller and it seems pretty unlikely s that it was just lost. Why was it uninstalled in the first place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jacki

The heart of the quad is the controller and it seems pretty unlikely s that it was just lost. Why was it uninstalled in the first place?

Totally new to this, so I didn't know it was not a separate component. Was thinking the controller was simply the remote, or transmitter.

Jacki

Don't know. Something about it sounds off, huh?

JCLs

Bottom line, if you new to this, as it appears you are, then buy a decent quad that you can get replacement parts for and start with a working system.