I destroyed my homemade quadcopter from 200ft. Pieces everywhere.

photojunky

I really screwed up this time. I think my battery cable came undone at 200 feet. Luckily I always fly it over my own house when I get to high altitude. It came crashing down on my own deck... Little pieces everywhere. It was plummeting really fast. Serves as a reminder how dangerous the big drones are.

Av8Chuck

That does suck.

Not what I would characterize as a big drone. Had a similar thing happen to me with a Hex and the early days of the NAZA:

After my experience with DJI I have never used a DJI product in a commercial application since. Love flying the MAVIC for fun flights but I don't trust DJI or their products.

photojunky

Y
That does suck.

Not what I would characterize as a big drone. Had a similar thing happen to me with a Hex and the early days of the NAZA:

After my experience with DJI I have never used a DJI product in a commercial application since. Love flying the MAVIC for fun flights but I don't trust DJI or their products.
That crash didn't look too bad. Was there a lot of damage? What flight controllers do you like?

Av8Chuck

Y

That crash didn't look too bad. Was there a lot of damage? What flight controllers do you like?

The crash wasn’t bad. Unfortunately this was before carbon fiber booms, it had aluminum booms so it ruined a couple of the booms. That crash probably wouldn’t have done much damage today.

We developed and manufacture our own flight controller. You can get it here: https://store.mrobotics.io/category-s/146.htm. It’s a Pd4/Ardupilot based controller.

photojunky

The crash wasn’t bad. Unfortunately this was before carbon fiber booms, it had aluminum booms so it ruined a couple of the booms. That crash probably wouldn’t have done much damage today. It could have been worse. In reality, I probably only lost one motor, a couple of motor mounts, and all but one prop.

We developed and manufacture our own flight controller. You can get it here: https://store.mrobotics.io/category-s/146.htm. It’s a Pd4/Ardupilot based controller.

photojunky

Sorry if this is a double post but I did not see my previous response. The crash could have been worse. In reality I only lost, one motor, three props, a couple of motor mounts, and part of the frame.