FPV ...perspective?

Trevcharl

It all looks so simple, add a camera and get a pair of goggles and off you go! Now when you look at the screen, everything is seen in another perspective, distances are exaggerated and nearness too! So to get a better feel for this thing, I used as carboard box and a lens, put the receiver inside, strap it to my eyes, and holding the camera in my hand, I start walking around the house. I bump into things, and after while one gets used to the whole thing. The camera has its own battery and is about a 28mm lens, so quite a wide angle. The FPV receiver also has its own battery, and has OSD, readings for battery of the receiver, which incidentally one does not see, you are too busy trying to negotiate safe passage past all the furniture standing around. And I move quite slowly, so here is where the real challenge lies, the flying machine, whatever you are using, wants to go a lot quicker. Now I fly in a big open field, the grass is cut for sports events, there are 4 fields like this, the furthest one, nobody ever uses. Maybe with no obstacles, one could become quite proficient with this FPV thing?