Flying two identical miniature drones

jgplarnold

Hello

I am interested in purchasing a small drone which has a HD camera for myself HOWEVER my first priority is to purchase miniature indoor drones for my grandsons for Christmas.

My question is-
Can two identical drones be flown at the same time without interfering with each other?

Many years ago (40 years) I knew that radio controlled planes needed to have there system set to a particular frequency (and a colored flag attached to the transmitter aerial so that others could see what that frequency was) which was different to anyone else in the same area.
Do these modern drones automatically set there frequencies to prevent interference with other drones?

jamesb72

Almost all the mini drones use 2.4ghz radio for control and auto select channels much like wifi so will not interfere with each other so you should be fine to fly two at once.

Some will pick a channel when powered on so you need to switch one on and wait for solid led on remote then power the second one up and do same but this is very easy to manage.

The very cheap toy versions can be infra red (like tv remote controls) which are best avoided as they don't have great control and can't be flown together or even near windows/sunlight.

jgplarnold

Almost all the mini drones use 2.4ghz radio for control and auto select channels much like wifi so will not interfere with each other so you should be fine to fly two at once.

Some will pick a channel when powered on so you need to switch one on and wait for solid led on remote then power the second one up and do same but this is very easy to manage.

The very cheap toy versions can be infra red (like tv remote controls) which are best avoided as they don't have great control and can't be flown together or even near windows/sunlight.

Thanks for the quick reply.
The mini drones I am considering all use 2.4Ghz radio and I thought that it would be ok but you now have confirmed that.

sjpenergy

Hello

I am interested in purchasing a small drone which has a HD camera for myself HOWEVER my first priority is to purchase miniature indoor drones for my grandsons for Christmas.

My question is-
Can two identical drones be flown at the same time without interfering with each other?

Many years ago (40 years) I knew that radio controlled planes needed to have there system set to a particular frequency (and a colored flag attached to the transmitter aerial so that others could see what that frequency was) which was different to anyone else in the same area.
Do these modern drones automatically set there frequencies to prevent interference with other drones?
Yes they do

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk