Let me know if this parts list is compatible!

• You clearly have no idea what you're doing, this isn't going to work.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dragoninja

Hello there! So I'm a techie that usually builds computers, but recently came across some videos on drone building. There is SOOO much to learn! I have tried watching many many videos on YT and have learned a great deal. I've already purchased all the tools I will need to build the drone but have NO idea whether or not the parts I've picked are compatible. If anyone is willing to go through my list to tell me if they have any (inexpensive) recommendations on anything I should replace or anything that will not work, I would be extremely grateful!

Also, check out the price on the FrSku Taranis Q7! That is the cheapest I have seen anywhere!

Thank you again for any advice!

(I don't have an FPV HMD on this list yet because I don't know what to get)

FrSky V8R4-II 2.4Ghz 4CH Receiver

DYS SE2205-2300KV Hollow Shaft Race Edition (CCW)

DYS SE2205-2300KV Hollow Shaft Race Edition (CW)

Diatone Polycarbonate 3-Blade Propellers 5040 (CW/CCW) (Black) (2 Pairs)

FrSky Taranis Q X7 Digital Telemetry Radio System 2.4GHz ACCST (Black-no plugs) (Standard Version)

Turnigy MultiStar 32bit Arm 4 in 1 20A Race Spec ESC 2~4S (Opto)

Matek PDB-XT60 w/BEC (5V and 12V)

RaceFlight Revolt F4 32KHz Flight Controller

ZIPPY Compact 1800mAh 4S 35C Lipo Pack

SkyZone TS5823 5.8GHz 32CH A/V 200mW Mini FPV Transmitter (v2)

Turnigy HS1177 V2 1/3 Sony Color HAD II CCD Camera for FPV (NTSC)

Hobbyking® DC-4S Balance Charger & Cell Checker 30w 2s~4s

HobbyKing 105W 15V/7A Switching DC Power Supply (US Plug)

Quanum Falcon Billet Block FPV Racing Drone Frame

Trevcharl

I am using the Matek PDB, it also has OSD. Thinking it would have a port to the FC to pick up other data, but it doesnt. It only gives battery voltage and time lapse. There is a list somewhere re props verses motor size, and battery voltage. I suppose you got those from there? Just check the FPV transmitter, the one I have has a +ve earth, all other modules are negative earth. I just have to isolate it from chassis, which is aluminium, and I want to ground it to -ve. In my case I opted for a receiver with a lot more channels, but some receivers can be used in PPM mode, which gives 6 to 10 channels. I used the Flysky transmitter and receivers, I needed channel 5 for flight modes, which you set up with the switches on the transmitter, and then 9 and 10 for the camera gimbal. If the Frsky Tx and Tx can be setup to PPM mode, you will be ok. Then you will only have three wires from Rx to Fc. There is a program you can download to set up your flight controller, and another for the Transmitter/controller. I am using the APM FC, so I cant comment on the ins and outs on Cleanflight or Betaflight, (I think those two are the ones you can use) Put it all together, program it, fly....goodluck!

Trevcharl

I am using the Matek PDB, it also has OSD. Thinking it would have a port to the FC to pick up other data, but it doesnt. It only gives battery voltage and time lapse. There is a list somewhere re props verses motor size, and battery voltage. I suppose you got those from there? Just check the FPV transmitter, the one I have has a +ve earth, all other modules are negative earth. I just have to isolate it from chassis, which is aluminium, and I want to ground it to -ve. In my case I opted for a receiver with a lot more channels, but some receivers can be used in PPM mode, which gives 6 to 10 channels. I used the Flysky transmitter and receivers, I needed channel 5 for flight modes, which you set up with the switches on the transmitter, and then 9 and 10 for the camera gimbal. If the Frsky Tx and Tx can be setup to PPM mode, you will be ok. Then you will only have three wires from Rx to Fc. There is a program you can download to set up your flight controller, and another for the Transmitter/controller. I am using the APM FC, so I cant comment on the ins and outs on Cleanflight or Betaflight, (I think those two are the ones you can use) Put it all together, program it, fly....goodluck!
I wouldnt change the firmware, they normally advertise that they do have the latest firmware when getting the FC, you will just need to allocate flight modes switches. The APM has 12 fllight modes and I only can use 6?

Hi-Flyer

Hello there! So I'm a techie that usually builds computers, but recently came across some videos on drone building. There is SOOO much to learn! I have tried watching many many videos on YT and have learned a great deal. I've already purchased all the tools I will need to build the drone but have NO idea whether or not the parts I've picked are compatible. If anyone is willing to go through my list to tell me if they have any (inexpensive) recommendations on anything I should replace or anything that will not work, I would be extremely grateful!

Also, check out the price on the FrSku Taranis Q7! That is the cheapest I have seen anywhere!

FrSky Taranis Q X7 Digital Telemetry Radio System 2.4GHz ACCST (Black-no plugs) (Standard Version)

Hobbyking[emoji768] DC-4S Balance Charger & Cell Checker 30w 2s~4s

HobbyKing 105W 15V/7A Switching DC Power Supply (US Plug)

Hi there!

It's looking good however you might need to play around a little bit with the weight of your battery becuase there's a fine balance between the weight of the battery and the power output. For my 250 size Race Quad I used a 1300mAh and that seems to be the tipping point not so sure what yours will be [emoji23]

For HMD wise I got this super rip-off bargain from Hobbyking- Vision Plus FPV Goggles w integrated receiver. Cost me $30USD with free shipping (as well as shipped all my other items free as a result of the weight increment pricing).
Look out for that deal I think they have those in June or so.

Happy Flying!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Trevcharl

Hobbyking® DC-4S Balance Charger & Cell Checker 30w 2s~4s
o
HobbyKing 105W 15V/7A Switching DC Power Supploy (US Plug)

You have a 4 channel Frsky controller, and if you are going to expand your system to include a camera Gimbal, then you will need a few more channels. I dont know if the frsky controller can go up to 12 channels like the Flysky FE-i6S can when you program it for PPM mode? I found the Flysky a bit cheaper than Frsky. The flight controller I use has different flight modes (APM) so I use channel 5 to select the flight mode with two switches on the controller. I would imagine that one should get as many features as you can for the best price...lol