Hi from Cheshire

Helihound

Hi

New to the forum, so please be gentle. Bought a quad frame last year, built it then with work commitments and other things, my new hobby was put on hold. So, here I am looking for help on restarting what I didn't finish.

View attachment 17204

I would eventually like to get my license and do the occasional bit of work for local companies, but that is a while off yet, but it gives you the aims I would like to make. But as you do, you start off small and learn to fly before any heavy investment in equipment you can afford to just let drop out of the sky :black_eyed:

Andy

Attachments

• 20140404132854_zpsa2a17f02.jpg
    20140404132854_zpsa2a17f02.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 434
Last edited by a moderator:

buckers

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum. Good place to gain lots of knowledge. Get in with a good crowd and fly with them if you can1 Where abouts in Cheshire are you? I'm nera Nantwich and fly over at Winsford.

Helihound

I'm from Warrington, so not too far from Winsford. Not had a look yet for a club, but its on my list of "things to do".

Thanks for the welcome

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

ZAxis

Hi there Andy & Buckers. we are based just outside Nantwich so are in the area if you ever fancy a fly out at some point.
Lec

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Hi Helibound, and welcome to the forums- don't worry about people being hard on you- 99.9% of the membership are top notch people that just enjoy helping and being helped. The only thing this forum is likely to be hard on, is your wallet!! ie the more you read the more kit you will be after.... best of luck and happy flying.

Helihound

Thanks Carapau.

I have an Epiphone guitar that I am hoping is going to part fund my project. Looking at what I want to achieve , I think I would need a Led Paul to fund it.

Andy

gringers

Preoccupied
Welcome!

I continue to be suprised by the number of folks on here from our part of the world - I'm in Chester!

Have fun, fly safe :)

ZAxis

Yeah sorry just outside Whitchurch so am always looking for like minded flyers. drop me a pm if any of you fancy catching up sometime.
Lec

Helihound

Sounds a good idea Lec. Just needs me one of those flying contraption things and I'll be there.

@Gringers Chester is nice. Would look cool with some FPV shots along the Dee

buckers

Yeah sorry just outside Whitchurch so am always looking for like minded flyers. drop me a pm if any of you fancy catching up sometime.
Lec
Yeah will do............still trying to get my gimbal working properly, and dealing with a bloody chest infection, so gonna resolve those issues first :-(

RJohnson88

Hi guys new member here and new flyer also haven't yet purchased a serious racer but getting lots of practice in with cheaper variants before I decide on what to buy. I live in northwich and couldn't find any info on any local meet ups or people. Can you guys recommend anywhere or be interested in a meet up?

Cheers Rob.