First Wedding Video - ALL Drone footage plus Things I Learned

Raincast

First try at a wedding video and doing it for free as a solo project. So, I didn't really direct where people go or what they did, or plan anything for that matter. I also didn't go to the reception, as I really wasn't formally invited haha. One of the bridesmaids is a friend and she "volun-told" me to do it. Any feedback would be awesome!!

Things I Learned:
1. Drones can work handheld but may be jittery at times and even over-compensate with it's stabilizer when swinging the drone left to right.
2. I prefer controlling with the RC rather than wi-fi because you really can't pitch up and down smoothly without the RC.
3. Setting up a drone can take time. Swapping ND filters because clouds suddenly cover the sun takes time. Switching to 1080p for 60 or 96fps for slow-mo also takes time.
4. Prop sounds are very audible so choose when you should fly, preferably before the ceremony or after.
5. Drones make sounds too when handheld and running. I didn't want to bother any of the guests so I kept away if I could.
6. Finding free wedding songs is somewhat impossible. Any sites would be welcome!
7. I don't have close-ups during the actual wedding because I wasn't getting paid and felt bad for getting in there.
8. Working solo can get you to miss stuff that happen only once in a wedding. I had to drive to where the bride was prepping, then the groom, then back to the bride, straight to the venue, etc. so it was a lot of work.
9. I was starving and really had to pee the whole time. I kept holding it in because I would have missed some shots.
10. My positioning could have been better, but I didn't want to go where the professional photographers were hanging around in.
11. I enjoyed doing this wedding and am sure I can do a better job next time!

I did one at a similar outdoor venue and it was also for free because i was friends with the bride and groom. Yours is better. I touched base with the photographer before we started and said im gonna just stay out of your way and take pictures over your shoulder. She got bitchy and said her contract states that no one else is allowed to take photos. I asked her if video was ok and she said it was fine. I only had a couple of opportunities to get video, i did the one where i raised up while looking straight down at the wedding party in a circle. Then i just shot a ton of aerial stills because the photographer would never know that I was shooting stills and not video. I used a combination of stills and video and put motion to the stills by panning and zomming etc. it turned out nice but yours is nicer.

Raincast

I guess rude ones are out there too. I was pretty fortunate, I guess.

I haven't tried making pictures move yet, but I should learn that! People probably noticed that my video doesn't have a shot of the wedding rings hahah. The couple are on their honeymoon so maybe a picture of the rings could be put into motion for a video like what you did!

Drone shots give a different perspective and that's why I opted for a Mavic instead of a DSLR to start. It's got some downsides but for the price drones are pretty worth their price. My drone and RC are the same price as one of my brother's lenses.

Thanks for watching!

I did one at a similar outdoor venue and it was also for free because i was friends with the bride and groom. Yours is better. I touched base with the photographer before we started and said im gonna just stay out of your way and take pictures over your shoulder. She got bitchy and said her contract states that no one else is allowed to take photos. I asked her if video was ok and she said it was fine. I only had a couple of opportunities to get video, i did the one where i raised up while looking straight down at the wedding party in a circle. Then i just shot a ton of aerial stills because the photographer would never know that I was shooting stills and not video. I used a combination of stills and video and put motion to the stills by panning and zomming etc. it turned out nice but yours is nicer.