Finally bit the bullet...

sledge57

Saw a DJI sale a week or so ago where you could get a battery and a set of landing leg extensions with the Mavic Pro for just $10 so I bought the Fly More Bundle and this special $10 deal.

It came last week and I just unboxed it last night (I can't believe I let it sit for days either, lol)

Was a good deal I think, 4 batteries total plus all the other stuff for $1309.

Got it all configured and working last night with my Iphone and was hoping to maiden it today after work, especially since there's a lot of great scenery in the northern part of Michigan where I'm working this week (Traverse City)

But alas the weather didn't cooperate and tomorrow looks bad too, hopefully Friday before I drive back south.

Anyway any tips or pointers would be appreciated, haven't flown a camera quad in a while, been at least a year since I flew my Iris+

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Let us know if you have any questions on the Mavic. Generally straightforward. Update to latest software to make sure you have the latest set of features and firmware.

Fly very conservatively at first. Nothing fancy or far away. Work through every feature etc so you are sure that everything is working as it should. There are occasional problems and you need to make sure it all works as advertised. Use the camera on all settings so you know its working correctly. Once you get a couple of hours under your belt and start feeling comfortable with everything then you can venture out further and do things like flying over water or a long range flight. As long as your settings like return to home altitude etc are good and you have solid radio and FPV signals and you have a dozen or more satellites then you can be reasonably assured that things will go in your favor. Learning the app and all of its settings and features are just as important as the flying part.