Need Help! Finding my first drone.

aZZo

Hello everyone,

So, I'm about ready to purchase my first drone. My budget is in the $200-300 range. I want something that can take good videos and pics. Preferably something that can take my GoPro Hero 4 without modifications. I would like something on the easier side but still fun to fly. It doesn't need to be a speed demon or anything but I wouldn't mind it being a fun flyer as well. I've been looking around for a few weeks now and I'm leaning towards the Holy Stone HS300: http://amzn.to/2uVPm2l

I like a lot of the features it has (Altitude Hold, Return to Home button, Extra Batteries, and the parts seem fairly cheap if they needed to be replaced) but their are others at a similar price point that offer things like GPS, FPV, Brushless Motors, etc, etc.

I really would like a few peoples opinions on...
1. Do you think the HS300 is a good option for me or in general?
2. Other recommendations on drones I should consider, and why.

I appreciate any insight on this matter, thanks in advance!

-aZZo

Diven

Wingsland S6 is a good choice;
Price: $259;
4K camera
Automatically Following, Camera, Forward/backward, FPV, Gravity Sense Control, Low-voltage Protection, One Key Automatic Return, One Key Landing, One Key Taking Off, Point of Interest, Selfie, Turn left/right, Up/down, Voice control, WiFi Connection

You can have a try.

cootertwo

The really good deals on the 3DR Solo, are drying up, but can be had for $300 range and are designed for the GoPro and do everything you want.

rosaann

I have the Phantom 3S. Love the thing and have had it for over a month with no issues. Have only gone 300ft up and maybe 150 feet away or so.
Just so damn scared the thing is going to take off. I do wish I had bought the Advanced for the better controller and range.

dadaas

MJX Bugs 3 is another choice you can look at. But IMO Holy Stone and MJX are not that different. The only difference is in camera. You need to know what you want to do with a drone.

Isn't DJI Spark like double the budget he has?

Trevcharl

Hello everyone,

So, I'm about ready to purchase my first drone. My budget is in the $200-300 range. I want something that can take good videos and pics. Preferably something that can take my GoPro Hero 4 without modifications. I would like something on the easier side but still fun to fly. It doesn't need to be a speed demon or anything but I wouldn't mind it being a fun flyer as well. I've been looking around for a few weeks now and I'm leaning towards the Holy Stone HS300: http://amzn.to/2uVPm2l

I like a lot of the features it has (Altitude Hold, Return to Home button, Extra Batteries, and the parts seem fairly cheap if they needed to be replaced) but their are others at a similar price point that offer things like GPS, FPV, Brushless Motors, etc, etc.

-aZZo

Trevcharl

My first consideration was the camera, then can the quadcopter carry it and how stable it would be. Brush less motors was imperative, the other thing was if making videos, a camera gim
Hello everyone,

-aZZo

ball

Trevcharl

Hello everyone,

-aZZo

Trevcharl

I would consider a good camera first of all, then a camera gimball if you are making videos. Brushless motors are the best. I made my own attachment for cameras from thin aluminium. If you are going to go far to do photographs, consider telemetering, the other features are nice to have like return home, headless and of course GPS. I find it rather difficult to control my quad when I switch off GPS, maybe its just the way the machine is?