Drone Design

John Wallin

Hi,

We are designing a drone and need help from a professional to advise and check if we are doing right.

To be specific first of all I need advise regarding the propeller, a 5x5 propeller.

If someone could advise and help along the process it would be great.

Regards,
John

John Wallin

Hi,

I need the drone for industrial searches.

Do you have any advise and experiences?

We have engineering to do this but I prefer to also get help from those who have experiences and ideas in this regards.

Regards,
John

Av8Chuck

Hi John.

If your wanting to do industrial inspections you have to start by developing a mission requirement, what data are you trying to collect? What sensor will you use to collect it? How accurately do you need it to be? How long do you need it to fly? How much area do you need to inspect? Is the mission automated or hand flown? Etc..

Then you can figure out how much the payload weighs, what the power-to-weight ratio needs to be to a given powertrain. Chances are if your trying to do something as simple as photogrammetry and there's a minimum lever of accuracy you are trying to achieve your looking at a drone platform that has an all up weight of 18 plus pounds. So your looking at prop that are at least 15".

John Wallin

You are completely right and it seems that you are professional at this field. We have proceeded with the all the inspections and are now in the testing stage of having all different parts to work with each other as we have an additional part added to the drone. It is therefore we have to test and evaluate everything again in details.
If you are interested to help and advise we can go through the details through skype or have a a call.
Please let me know if you are interested.

Regards,
John