RTF Drone or DIY Drone

Murat

Hello

I prefer buy commercial drone to to DIY Drone, My aim is Aeiral Photography and FPV . It is first my project, I search it on many website and I get part list.
we can match suitable product to invent best or ideal Quadcopter system. I will decide gimbal and camera later.

I want my drone which capable of waypoint, return to home etc .

If you know your suggestion list better than my list, can you write it?

IF I forget quadcopter parts in my list but it must be required can you write such as wire , plug , screw etc ?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• quad list.JPG
    quad list.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 438

ChrisRL

Murat, hello!
I can see you're going for cost over quality here, and I think that perhaps the Helipal Storm 6 or 4 with a Tarot H4-3D gimbal and a GoPro Hero 5 Black with PeauPro lenses might be a better bet for you. It is a known quantity, now in its third generation, is well documented, inexpensive, runs RT9/Naza v2, and you can either buy the bird fully built and ready to go, or get everything for it in a kit so it's cheaper, plus spares aren't a problem once you've been up and flying for awhile.

If you're flying commercial then you really need a 6 or 8 prop craft on your flight line, since you're getting paid for the shots, not the drones, so if something goes wrong, you're going to be happy for the redundancy.

Personally I'd also try to upgrade to the Naza 3 or get the people at Helipal to supply you with one. It's going to be more expensive (it's now called the DJI N3) but it's the same dual IMU, dual GPS system as the P4s and the Mavic Pro, pretty solid.

However, a caveat. Most particularly if you're going to be flying in cities or built-up areas, do practice fully manual flying with just the FC gyros, like a heli. And I mean get manual flying really well in hand. Nose out, nose in, tracking, POI, approaches, etc., all with camera tilts and pans. A lot of that. I was just on a job where there was so much EM interference that my auto systems wouldn't work. It was also gusting. So the alternative was to fly manual control (no ATTI, no GPS) or not get the shots (also not get the $$) at all.

If you don't already have something like a Hubsan X4 or a Latrax Alias, do get one with a fistful of batteries, and then fly at least one battery a day, every day.

So I'd go:

Helipal.com - Storm 6 v3 - kit or RTF
Helipal motors and props for Storm 6
Helipal ESCs for Storm 6
Radiolink RT10 TX (or AT9s)
Radiolink R10D (or R9Ds) RX with PRM-02
DJI N3 or Naza v2 with GPS, OSD, LED
Tarot H4-3D 3-axis gimbal
GoPro Hero 4 black camera
Peau Productions 3.97mm rectilinear lens for Go Pro
Helipal Batteries, 2 per flight, Y power cable
Intelligent balance charger
Helipal battery meter/balance checker
Car adaptor or inverter for charging batteries and TX

Spare batteries
Spare props
Spare prop hubs
Spare landing gear

Hard travelling case with wheels - to impress your clients! Have to make foam insert or similar.
Garment bag - you know the folding one that will take a suit? Excellent for pretending it's a suit.

Night flying - pre dawn and post dusk - in the US, the FAA mandates anti-collision strobes. I use Flytron strobes from the UK (hence the extra radio channel).

I put Tarot retracts on mine but they're heavy and not really necessary, since even though you can cram a Lightbridge and a second receiver into your Storm 6, switching back and forth between one and two operators isn't as simple as with a full-on DJI machine like an Inspire or a Matrice, plus you then have to have a second person to crew for you every time you want to shoot something.

Better to have the camera on a 3-axis gimbal in follow mode and be able to trim the tilt, yaw, pan etc., on your own AT9 or AT9s.

Last word: If you still don't mind 4 rotors, then the Phantom 4 Advanced or the Phantom 4 Pro will shoot rings around any Go Pro based system. Just sayin'...

JM2c
HTH
YMMV etc

Murat

thank you your answer but ı couldn't buy your suggestion which is Storm 6 because Custom Rules, I only get DIY drone piece by piece. ı am searching it on the ınternet a lot and ı decided parts slowly.
Probably My list :

Frame : DJI F450
Motor(*4) : Sunnysky X2212 980 kv
ESC(*4) : Hobbywing XRotor 20A
Flight Controller : DJI Naza M Lite or APM 2.8
Propeller : 9*4.7 and 10*3,8
Battery : 3S 5000 mAH 25C (Not Decided Brand)
Gimbal : Tarot T4-3D
Camera : Eken H9R or ....
Radio Controller : Not Decided(Advice)
Landing Gear or Camera Position Kit(Maybe)

Does this system support harmony with each other ?

My purpose is now Aerıal Photograpy ın the future maybe add FPV System and I want nearly 10-12 minutes flight.

ıf ı forget something which is maybe cable,screw etc you can write it.

ChrisRL

I've shot in Turkey a lot.
One of my best friends is one Ali Murat Erkorkmaz, a well-known animator out of Kadikoy in Istanbul.
The Storm 6 is available in parts, suitable for import into Turkey. That's why I suggested it. You can have the people at Helipal build it, test everything, then take it apart again and ship it to you, OK for Turkish Customs, but most importantly minimum hassle on your part, and less liability if something doesn't work properly.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about!

Also you again insist on a quad drone, which, as you know, will fall out of the sky if one motor/propellor goes bad.
You have zero system redundancy plus you're in Ankara, so spare parts will be a long time coming to you.

Redundancy means if one part of a system breaks down, you can still complete your shoot and come back with the imagery, land safely, and get paid.

Yes, by all means fly a quad - if you have a couple of quads available at a job. One goes down, you fly your backup. That's redundancy the DJI way. But you're not doing it the DJI way, are you? How many quads do you have listed? One. No redundancy. No backup on a job. It doesn't work, you go "oops" and be glad they don't charge you for the loss of their time, setting the shot up. Which could be maybe, what, $15,000? $30,000 for the crew, stunt men, actors? Maybe no production costs, but still you went out there to make a photo or a film and you came back with no drone and no shot. And you have only one drone, and it's gone now and now you're in the middle of Izmir or Bodrum with no backup.

Ask me how I know.

If you buy separate parts from different suppliers, there is ZERO way you can tell if they are going to work together unless you get them and put them together. Different people have built various drone designs, and in general they will work. However, those people usually have collections of bolts, screws, different ESCs, FC etc radio gear left over from other projects, and even then nobody will tell you if you build something this way, then it will work first time. No such animal.

You need to look at a big international supplier such as HobbyKing or Helipal and have them put together everything for you, including all screws etc., and then if something doesn't go together then let THEM work it out before they send the drone to you. That includes all of the ESC calibration, radio programming etc., which we haven't even started to touch on. There is a HECK of a lot more to this than you are mentioning, that you don't know about.

If you want to learn, sure, do it yourself.
If you want to fly and shoot, then read, listen and follow one who has gone before.

Or, else fine, don't listen, and find out for yourself.

Last edited:

Murat

thanks of course ı trust you , but my purpose is Aerıal Photo and FPV which is not professionally not job only entertainment. ıf I prefer DIY drone , total cost is nearly 400 USD(include Radio Transmitter) but ın helipal or other websites DJI Phantom 3 Pro 4K is 699-799 USD what is your suggestion ?

Storm 6 is good, ıf ı prefer this drone , helipal sends it ın one package and write proforma invoice which is 699 usd and turkish customs add extra value %20 and turkish customs request "Import conformity certificate" and serıal number