X4R Antenna Placement

propflux01

I know a lot of folks use this RX for mini quads. While I see many using the typical "V" style of placement on various areas of the quad, I came across this while scouring the web and wondering if anyone has tried it and if so how's it work? Looks like a great way to keep it away from props and other antennas...

Attachments

• IMG_0039.PNG
    IMG_0039.PNG
    50.3 KB · Views: 343

I'm sure it will be fine like that. The test is to see how it preforms, if you don't get any dropouts then it will be fine. A word on antennas, Both antennas should be placed the same way for optimum performance. That means if your transmitting antenna is vertical then you receiving antenna should also be vertical. That doesn't mean they wont work if they are not way but you can reduce your gain by holding a vertically polarized antenna horizontally. I cringe every time I see a cop TV show and the actor holds the radio sideways and talks. Its like the gangbanger that holds the pistol sideways and shoots. The radio wave comes off of our antennas outwards along the length of the antenna. Or another way to visualize it is that it doesn't shoot out the tip of the antenna, it radiates out the sides in all directions. That's why if you are flying directly above yourself an a great distance you my want to point your antenna horizontally so the direction that the wave is leaving your antenna is pointing towards your multirotor. Some of this is splitting hairs, if it works then who cares but sometimes it matters a lot. 2 wire antennas like on your receiver should be placed with the 2 wires about 45 to 90 degrees apart and upward, that's the best way. The way you show isn't optimum but if it works then I wouldn't worry about it.

propflux01

I knew about the orientation off Antenna, but of course on TV, they always get through! I just wondered if anyone ran like this and had a fly off or anything. I'm tired of chopping up my antennas!!