Need NAZA Expert

ChrisRL

Flux:

"I've held it in my hand at full throttle and it fights me" - how does it do this?

The reversed directions of half the motors should result in a very smooth acceleration to full throttle and no torque in any axis, even at full throttle.

If there's a perceived torque, try letting that torque have its head and following it with your hand a bit in that axis, let the IMU see the movement and the FC compensate, causing an eventual oscillation.

Could be your hand has been damping that torque out and obscuring the symptom.

Best
Chris

propflux01

What I mean is I can hold it in my hand, it stays steady, when I move my hand, it fights me to stay upright, so to me it's saying the gyro is working as advertised. Now take my hands off it, let it fly away, it shakes like mad

ChrisRL

Okay, thanks flux, just double checking.
When you held it in your hand, was there any shaking induced when you throttled up? Or was it in-flight only?

It's starting to look like substitute-the-frame time for you, then.

Best
Chris

propflux01

No shake, solid as a rock, moment I let go it shakes and just got progressively worse, harder and faster oscillations as time went by, then settles to the oscillation shown in my previous video.

By the way, a very big thank you for keeping on this thread.

ChrisRL

You're very welcome, flux.

Not many people know the lengths and depths of frustration/depression/angst we have to go through sometimes, just to identify the smallest, almost insignificant factor that stops our aircraft from flying properly, and it seems the smaller the craft, the more tiny the error that can create the largest amount of just-throw-it-in-the-bin feeling :)

So if we just persevere, we'll get to the bottom of it. I have a feeling that this is how magicians work their way through a trick, micro-move by micro-move, until it looks natural and easy and then people think it's all done in a second or two (and we, of course, say nothing).

Airframe next?

Best
Chris

propflux01

Yes, a good description. And you'd think things like this wouldn't be an issue in today's technology!! So yes, new frame time for me....

propflux01

This frame, the cheapest most flimsy you can get, was NAZA equipped and actually flew good. Problem was it's only a one-time crash vehicle. So I am cannibalizing its parts for another frame. I figured if the NAZA could handle this frame it should have handled that ZMR clone with ease.....

Attachments

• IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 218