Attachments

• 20151228_172019.jpg
    20151228_172019.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 684
  • 20151228_172033.jpg
    20151228_172033.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 543

SamaraMedia

Interesting "turn" of events. Look forward to seeing your Alta'ish footage. How's your COB, what batteries will you use underneath as counterweight?

anaka

hi guys, basically the elements are the same of the standard bottom-gimbal config

i just biult a flat landing gear with a space for batteries inside and a new upper plate that in the bottom-gimbal holds batteries
and in upper-gimbal holds the gimbal
plus i repositioned the GSP antenna, compass and super-buzzer in a neutral position for both configurations

all the balance and weights are the same as before and the flight looks basically the same...so all looks fine

the only things that are giving some problems are the moments of taking off and landing....motors are too close to the ground

so in the take-off if I use the VARIO option I can see the drone stay in the ground for a while then he takes-off very quick then slows down to the regular ascending speed; with manual control things are a bit better couse I can manage the power directly so I can reduce the "push" effect

in the landing moment I have a wierd "bouncing" effect, in both VARIO or manual control when I approach the ground the drone starts to go very close to land then climbs a bit by himself than tries to land then climbs again

I made just some quick flights without drain all the battery, so no emergency landing at the moment, but have to say that it was impossible to land with the VARIO activated, I ever had to deactivate it when I was far enough from ground, then land in manual mode

BTW the landing ever was a bit rude...i have to add some dampening to the new landing gear and improve manual landing skills till Mikrokopter consider this issue

who knows if Alta has the same problem..

Last edited by a moderator:

anaka

new staby test
as ever just cutted, no post stabilization
i focused on the 3 basic motions:
pan test
forward/backward test
climb/descent test
and some hovering..

anaka

no this is the gimbal-DOWN setup

the gimbal-UP is till in development but honestly i feel it should be exactly the same

anaka

Hi people here it comes the latest effort, i used not only the drone but some other toys as well

Last edited: