Which motor to choose?

Mach

Hi,

We are two friends who wants to build a multicopter to carry approx 15kg take of weight. We are not sure how to choose air-frame configuration whether quad, hexa or octa copter or X8 config etc.

In any case I am not that clear how to choose the motor. I think that total maximum trust of 30Kg is enough and this can be achieved by six motors with max trust of 5Kg. Right?

Can anyone suggest me configuration and the motor choice. I am looking to the T-Motor U series and U11 is seemed to fit my needs maybe U8. It should be better to have some protection features like dust and water proof.

Any reply is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cameraj

Kde motors are the best, they have a great calculator on their site so you can put together the perfect package.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Mach,
My suggestion is simple....
Leave the engineering to the professionals unless you have the experience or education to design a safe aircraft. Otherwise you will spend a lot of money and time beta testing your designs.
Do research on several airframe/ aircraft manufacturers and contact them with your design requirements...
They best know their products and should easily be able to put together the components needed to work with the airframe or aircraft.