PolarPro Newb Question, Please Help!

Todd Pals

Hey all. It is very apparent very quickly that I need to get some filters for my P4. It's next to impossible to shoot in manual mode with any consistency on the sunny days we have been having. The options I am looking at are this:

1. The Cinema Series Vivid and Shutter Collection (Total: $198) It seems to me this would cover most conditions?
2. P4 Cinematographer Collection ($299) This seems like it would have every lens I would need and includes gimbal lock and cleaning pen.
3. Am I completely off here? I don't want to break the bank, but I am a firm believer in buying the right thing once and taking care of it. The added graduated and gunmetal filters in the Cinematographer collection I may never need, but at this price it is cheaper to buy them all at once.

Please help, I'm spinning my wheels and would like to order something soon so I can get some serious practice in.

Todd Pals

Additionally, if I go with choice 1 above, perhaps I only need to buy one of the Cinema series options at $99. If this is the case which one should I start with. Thanks again.

Old Man

Additionally, if I go with choice 1 above, perhaps I only need to buy one of the Cinema series options at $99. If this is the case which one should I start with. Thanks again.

Most of the time no more than an ND4 filter is needed. When shooting highly reflective subjects, like snow in the sunlight, a higher value is needed. If you can obtain just one filter that will handle 90% of your work it makes sense to do some more shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk