Wanna get into racing

I have a phantom 4 which I love. Now I would like to get behind the 8 ball on this racing. Locally in the next year my city is gonna start a League from what I hear and I would like to have a drone ready when this comes. I am having a hard time finding info on building my own. I don't really wanna buy a kit (unless there is some awesome kit) I want to buy pieces. But starting from nothing I don't know where to begin in respect to what size motors. Blah blah blah. Is there a better forum than this to read? Anyone wanna help me out? I would like to buy a drone and goggle now. I can use the goggles on my p4. I will get a transmitter for my drone later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
It's really quite simple here is what you need-

1) 180mm size frame
2) F3c flight controller
3) 2204-2300 motors
4) BL Heli ESC
5) Camera
6) Googles
7) VTX

From this point the options are HUGE and the money you can spend is HUGE, so need to know what your budget is.

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
camflite.jpg
This a frame I make, it's indestructible it's a 190 racing frame.

Attachments

• camflite.jpg
    camflite.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,022
Last edited:

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I always take "indestructible" as a challenge if there are no qualifying statements like "indestructible during normal use" :D

Where do u go to learn this stuff? I really would like to read how to build a drone. What googles should I get. Transmitter? Etc. kinda excited.

Can I get a drone, goggles, transmitter for 1k? I have a d6i will that work for a transmitter or if needs a screen?

dronevibes

Administrator
DroneVibes
fat_shark_fhs_attv2_04_attv2_headset_bundle_1035361.jpg

Attachments

• fat_shark_fhs_attv2_04_attv2_headset_bundle_1035361.jpg
    fat_shark_fhs_attv2_04_attv2_headset_bundle_1035361.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

Idea what transmitter? Is there a build kid u guys are partial too? I would like to spend a grand with everything. Glasses transmitter and drone. Will my d6i work?

Decided to start out with the dominator v3's. the hd v2 are discontinued and seems people like the dominators.

Gonna use my dx6i with the system. So now I just need the drone to build. [emoji2]