Controllers with video screens

maddawg46

Sounds like I'm going to have to buy a drone for $1000+. I saw a Phantom 3 package deal for $500 on Amazon. One issue I have is I don't have a smart phone. So what controler should I buy that has a built in screen? I don't want to break the bank. I am brand new to all of this.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
To my knowledge there are no Phantom-compatible controllers with a built in screen. Your best bet might be to buy a used or refurbished tablet or phone to dedicate to that purpose.

jamesb72

I believe there are some cheap Android tablets which work fine with the Phantom 3 Advanced, Shaun Matthews on youtube has good things to say about Lenovo Tab 3 Essential - which I believe are around $100 (under 100 euro's Shaun said in video below), and is 7" which is I think a nice size for the Phantom controller (similar to iPad mini which a lot of people are using).

jamesb72

Either iPad Mini or iPad Air would work fine for P3A - for the Air you may want to upgrade the bracket which holds the tablet mount onto the transmitter to the metal/inspire version.

You can buy the official DJI part, or get a much cheaper version on ebay, it just screws on instead of the original plastic bracket, the pic below shows the original plastic bracket on left, metal version on right which is much less 'bouncy' (the tablet mount clip part is the same for both, its only the bracket onto the remote which is different).

image.jpg