Motor One Stops On Quad!

Dezy

Motor one of my quad stops at times. All motors will arm, but motor one stops after take off. I have calibrated the ESC’s and all wire connections are solid.

Does this sound like a bad FC (NAZE v.6) or an ESC (all are new)?

Thanks

You could reverse 2 of the motor/ESC control wires on the FC and if the other motor stopped, it would confirm it was the FC. If the same motor stopped I would say its the ESC or motor.You would have to do this test with the props off for obvious reasons.

RobbieGM

Bypass your FC by plugging the receiver servo lead into the ESC, instead of through the FC first. Then you will know if it's the FC or ESC. Personally I think it's the ESC but I don't know

Swap the motors. If the problem follows the motor, then your motor is bad. If the problem continues with the new motor, then suspect the ESC. If you suspect the ESC, swap them around. If the problem follows the ESC, then it's probably bad. If not, it could be the controller itself.

Dezy

Thank you all for the replies.

I've bought an additional ESC and will swap to see if a difference is made - will let all know.

Dezy

Thank you all for the replies.

I've bought an additional ESC and will swap to see if a difference is made - will let all know.

Well.......................the new ESC on motor one made no difference.

Its weird - I can power the quad up while holding it in my hand, and while changing the quad's attitude, all motors seem to react normally.
But placing it on the ground - no bueno......... Motor one is intermittent with power when trying to lift off.
I guess I'll try changing the NAZE. With new motors and ESC's - the FC is the only thing left.:cool: