Tarot FY650 yaw problem

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I might give Arris a shot. Looks an awful lot like the Tarot so I dunno lol.

I'm taking your advice before I disassemble though, I ordered a gel anti-vibration pad to try. That's the end of my rope.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
Test flew after mounting the FC on the gel pad today... no change at all. I guess that's it for this frame :(

Old Man

The Tarot 810 is an awesome frame, but their smaller ones definitely miss the mark.

It's hard to fault the 810 frame. Add just a little silicone at the clamps and any potential vibration/joint flex is eliminated before it has a chance to start. If you want something smaller just cut the outboard ends of the tubes back.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I just had a friend offer to give me a T1000 frame as payment for taking on his T15 build (he's too busy), but I doubt I'd have the extra funds to build it up within the next year or two. I wouldn't mind trying one of their bigger ones, though.

I think I'm going to try one more thing before disassembling the frame... it occurred to me that I never did test a different controller on it. Just to cover all the bases (the Naza V2 worked fine on another frame) I think I might try to fit one of my spare Naze Acros or KKs to it and see what happens.

Alwil

I have been following this thread and it looks like you have tried everything. I agree to try another
controller and see what happens. I can't believe the frame is that far off to cause these problems
although I have been known to be wrong before. I just believe the problem lies with the controller
or your radio. You don't suppose you have a messed up stick in the radio? Calibration should
have shown this.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I have been following this thread and it looks like you have tried everything. I agree to try another
controller and see what happens. I can't believe the frame is that far off to cause these problems
although I have been known to be wrong before. I just believe the problem lies with the controller
or your radio. You don't suppose you have a messed up stick in the radio? Calibration should
have shown this.

I actually considered a radio problem last night and swapped to my JR 11x with a clean program and good receiver... same thing.

I also tried a KK2 board but apparently I'd forgotten it was bad. Oops. New scratch on the coffee table :confused:

If I hadn't spent so much time doing a clean install of an A2 into our Skyjib X8 I'd yank it out and try it on the Tarot. I have a good Naze Acro though... keep saying this is the last thing I'll try with everything I do, but I think this one really will be the last. If it doesn't work, the Tarot gets disassembled and whatever components will fit will go onto my F450, then I'll figure out what to do for the next step. I've gotten zero real use out of this thing since I bought it.

Chalagi

I bought the Arris 680 hexacopter and ordered some longer carbon arms to make it a 810 hexacopter. Right now I"m in the process of setting the gains on my naza v2 and that seems to be the only problem that I have at the time and even without the gains fine tuned it still flies great. I was waiting on some new motor adapters to replace the one I broke or I would have it finished by now.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
If you have one, prolly the easiest to set up and trouble shoot with is a Vector.

I don't, unfortunately. I'd like to try one out though.

I bought the Arris 680 hexacopter and ordered some longer carbon arms to make it a 810 hexacopter. Right now I"m in the process of setting the gains on my naza v2 and that seems to be the only problem that I have at the time and even without the gains fine tuned it still flies great. I was waiting on some new motor adapters to replace the one I broke or I would have it finished by now.

Thanks for the input. I really wish I knew exactly what the problem is before jumping to an entirely new frame! The M680 4S is the one I'm eyeballing.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I finally got my Naze Acro installed and working (should have been WAY easier than it was... *sigh*).

I did a quick test hop in the living room, but the yaw is so slow (stock settings) that I can't really tell if the problem is still there. Hopefully I can get it outside in the next couple of days and see what happens.

Chalagi

Have you considered that you might have a bearing sticking on a motor causing the problem. I had 2 that froze up on me while in a hover and I was able to sit it down before it crashed. Worth thinking about

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
Have you considered that you might have a bearing sticking on a motor causing the problem. I had 2 that froze up on me while in a hover and I was able to sit it down before it crashed. Worth thinking about

I definitely considered a motor problem, but in non-yaw movements (climbing, roll, pitch) the motors respond correctly and the maneuverability is perfectly snappy. Then I swapped to other motors and ESCs, and had the exact same issue with motors that work fine on my F450 frame.

Last edited: