Group Build 2014, DJI NAZA/F450 Quadcopter!

bobspryn

The all DJI kit with NAZA M V2 would be a good way to start building. I did one of those during the group build and it was easy to build and flys well. I originally used a JR transmitter and receiver but have since switched to Taranis stuff. I have since built another quad using a DJI 450 frame and motors but used a Pixhawk FC. The Pixhawk (would have to be one of its clones nowdays) is more complicated to set up but does more things than the M V2.
Interesting! Is going with a clone of a Pixhawk more risky? Any other FC you might suggest? M V2 maybe seems the safe bet for a beginner. Thanks!

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
Interesting! Is going with a clone of a Pixhawk more risky? Any other FC you might suggest? M V2 maybe seems the safe bet for a beginner. Thanks!
The M V2 is definitely a safe bet. I only used the term "clone" since the genuine Pixhawks don't seem to be available anymore. There are several "clones" available that seem to be as good as the originals based on what I read and hear. They are all powered by the same open source software. Don't spend too much time trying to get the perfect system. Build something, fly it, then start the improvement process. That's where the fun is.