Do You Use FPV Goggles?

I bought a set early on and rarely use them. I use a 8" screen instead now. They are definitely good for racing but for aerial filming I think you are at a disadvantage with them.

Area21

Area21
It depends what you do. If your a single aerial operator then wearing goggles is a no go. This is because you have no visual unaided sight of your aircraft. If your a duel operator then the camera person could wear goggles that may allow them to concentrate on the shot. If its for fun then just have a go but have a spotter at your side so they can act as your peripheral vision which goggles take away.

Paul-H

Before spending big money on a set of Google and most are very expensive, try one of the cheap sets like the Quantum one from HobbyKing, its not a good option by a long way but will soon let you know if you like it enough to spend the big bucks on a all singing and dancing set from the likes of FatShark and others. And you might find the Quantum set is all you need, and go for their v1 set as well

Paul

cootertwo

I own, Fat Shark Attitudes, and SkyZone "goggles", and three different "face" types (one screen), including Head Play, Quantum, and another I can't remember the name. Out of all of these, I still prefer my SkyZone goggles. All of the single screen types, come with different strength lens, but I haven't found any that are as sharp as my stock SkyZones. Also some of the single screen models are too bright, and have no adjustment for that. I did buy 2 of the new Fat Shark adapters, that have the little fan, that stops the fogging lens problem. The adapter fits the Attitudes perfect, stuck it on with a couple drops of hot glue. But on the SkyZones, it interferes with the adjustment button, so I leave it loose until I adjust the brightness, contrast, then the headband holds it in place on my head. Just my 2 cents worth.

JCLs

Been using Fat Sharks and just got HeadPlay and think I will really like them with RHO lens. Just started using them but really like them. Fly my big video quad on 7 inch screen though. Small quads, racing, different than the media quad

KG5BBF AMA#954079

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
there are a few sets of less expensive goggles making it to market and the quality is getting a lot better with each one. We spoke about the Quanum V2PRO goggles from Hobbyking.com and our advertiser GotHeliRC.com has an interesting looking set that you might want to check out as well (I forget the name, maybe @GotHeliRC can chime in)

I'll probably be buying a set myself sometime soon as I'm still using my Fatshark V1 set.

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
there are a few sets of less expensive goggles making it to market and the quality is getting a lot better with each one. We spoke about the Quanum V2PRO goggles from Hobbyking.com and our advertiser GotHeliRC.com has an interesting looking set that you might want to check out as well (I forget the name, maybe @GotHeliRC can chime in)

I'll probably be buying a set myself sometime soon as I'm still using my Fatshark V1 set.

Did you mean the Eachine VR007 headset?

http://www.gothelirc.com/products/3...es-43-inch-74v-800mah-battery-preorder/?bc=no

zmark

I have the Quanun v2 and are happy with them. I have tried Headplay and Fatshark Attitude SD, they where ok as well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._FPV_Goggle_V2_w_5_inch_LCD_Monitor_Kit_.html

1qeU3vO.jpg

smiley_happy-jpg

I'm looking at a first set of fpv goggles. I had my first experience flying fpv and love it. I'm into the micros, just racing around. No photography. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the SkyZone SKy-02 goggle. It has the diversity antennas and built in dvr, plus front camera built into the gogges. Anyone have any experience with these?

John Williams

I have purchased FPV Goggles last week from FPV Direct and I'm really excited to share that I couldn't ask for a better set of goggles. If you are into FPV flying you must want to miss this chance. :)

AKCobra

I've used the Fatshark Teleporter v3, Attitude V1, Dominator V2, and Eachine VR 007. Of these the 007s were by FAR the worst for me, they gave me eyestrain as I felt like my eyes were always looking up. All in all they were a very uncomfortable experience for me. The Teleporters I picked up just to have a spare/passenger set, and have since sold them when I bought my Dom V2s, thus relegating the Attitudes to spare/passenger duty. I love the Dominators, they have a lot of nice features such as HDMI out, built in DVR, swappable Tx modules, and the thing I love most is the fan that keeps them from fogging (bought as an add-on, I think it's standard with the V3s. The attitudes were great for the time but the Doinators just have more features and a crisper picture.

Anyway, I would probably suggest the new Hobbyking Quanum Cyclops goggles as a good beginner set. The two big downsides are you can't set the channel manually so they could be a pain flying in a group, and they don't have AV in so you can't hook up to a groundstation.

JohnCC

Dominator V3s. I had the Headplay HDs; they were too "in your face" for my taste. The HK quanums were too heavy. Happy with V3s.

Catacyst

When I started flying I used a 4" Lumenier monitor because of the price. reliability, and how simple they are, plus you can quickly switch to line-of-sight in case of a video interruption. Once I was really comfortable with FPV and knew the limits of my equipment, I did invest in goggles to use for racing. I had to admit that goggles were the best way to truly immerse yourself and remove distractions when in flight, so for the application of racing I feel like they're pretty ideal.