Is my NAZA defective?

Jun Hong

I recently built a DJI F450, and I have flown it 3 times. the biggest gripe I have is that in GPS mode, the drone tips to the left ( its like I pulled the stick all the way to the left on my transmitter) and it goes straight that way. Sometimes it corrects it self but then its a continuous problem, right now its at a point where stable F450's on youtube are merely a legend and I think I will never be able to achieve it. I started up in manual mode today, and it was actually much more stable than normal. I only had it a few feet off of the ground but it stayed that way and as soon as I flicked on the GPS atti, It rolled to the left and continued to go. I felt that the props were loose, so I tightened them up by a lot, hopefully this helps. But does anyone have ideas on why this might be happening? Thank you

STI-REX

Gettin Old
I had a V1 Naza that used to do this resulting in a very dead tbs discovery

I used the swift tap onto a flat surface with the Naza reset method and have since used this Naza only on cheap frames with cheap gear for line of sight operation at low altitudes only and mostly manual flight mode and it has been faultless BUT I do not trust it at all in GPS or ATTI

Sometimes it would go to hard left on the assistant screen even after a stick calibration showed everything as centered

They sometimes have a sticky sensor that comes unstuck with a firm tap onto a flat surface

If you can take a screen shot of the hard left roll in the assistant and send it to the seller and see if they will replace it

If not put it in the drawer and maybe use it for manual flight only testing of home built frames

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
Are you sure your GPS is pointing directly forward? The GPS antenna is omnidirectional, but on the Naza the antenna also contains the magnetometer which must be pointing forward.

Otherwise, the aircraft will try to correct in the wrong direction, which will make the GPS error worse, which means an even bigger correction, and so on until... bye bye aircraft.

There's an arrow on top that indicates the front. On one of my early builds I didn't notice it, and naturally assumed that the cable coming out of the antenna should be pointed to the rear.