DJI Introduce the A3 and A3 Pro Flight Controllers

Combining ultimate reliability with accurate flight control, the brand-new A3 series of flight controllers is ideal for demanding industrial and cinematic applications where reliability and customization are essential.

A302.jpg

Triple Modular Redundancy
The A3 Pro* is equipped with three IMUs and three GNSS units, with additional analytical redundancies for a total of six redundancies. Working together with advanced diagnostic algorithms, if the A3 Pro detects GNSS or IMU unit failure during flight, it seamlessly switches to another unit to maintain reliability and precision.
*Upgrade the A3 to A3 Pro by installing 2 upgrade kits.

A303.jpg

Precision Control with Fault-Tolerance
The new attitude determination and multi-sensor fusion algorithms improve the A3’s control accuracy. The robust control algorithm enables the A3 and A3 Pro to be adapted to a wide range of aircraft without the need for manual tuning. With a fault-tolerant control system, a hexacopter or octocopter can land safely even in the event of propulsion system failure.

A304.jpg

Industry Solutions and SDK Compatibility
The A3 series provides industry solutions with D-RTK GNSS, smart ESCs, intelligent batteries, and Lightbridge 2. With Onboard and Mobile SDKs, custom-built applications can access flight data, and control the aircraft, gimbal, and camera. Dedicated hardware interfaces including CAN and API ports allow industry experts to craft their ideal aerial system by adding actuators and sensors.

A308.jpg

Next-generation DJI Assistant
The brand new DJI Assistant 2 is powerful yet simple, making it easy to set up a variety of DJI aerial systems. A new, built-in flight simulator ensures that complex moves can be practiced in advance without risking the aircraft, and a completely overhauled Ground Station supports touch screen interaction, offline mission design, route planning and even formation flight for multiple aircraft.

A305.jpg

D-RTK GNSS
The A3 series supports D-RTK GNSS for centimeter-level positioning accuracy compared to a normal GPS and barometer solution. Using dual antennas, its heading reference is more accurate than a compass sensor, and it is able to withstand magnetic interference from metal structures.
Depending on the region of purchase, it will utilize GPS and BeiDou or GPS and GLONASS to perform at the highest standards.

A306.jpg

DATALINK PRO
DATALINK PRO operates at a frequency below 1 GHz, and works over a range of up to 2 km. It integrates seamlessly with the A3 and D-RTK as well as the Ground Station, which allows up to 5 aircraft to be controlled from one base station. A broadcast mode lets the base station broadcast data to 32 mobile devices and a duplex mode keeps data locked to one device.

A307.jpg

Ground Station
Supporting both touch screen and mouse and keyboard, the redesigned Ground Station can support mission design, for use in a range of industry applications. Users can simultaneously manage and monitor the mission implementation of multiple aircraft and plan formation flights. Ground Station is compatible with the A3 series, Matrice 100 and Matrice 600, Phantom 4 and DATALINK.

Learn More

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
all for the low price of $899!

hoo boy, i think i just felt the used market take another slide backwards........ :(

Pumpkinguy

all for the low price of $899!

hoo boy, i think i just felt the used market take another slide backwards........ :(

only the fanboys wil jump on this right away. My 2 a2 rigs are flawless and I trust them. Ill wait a year bfore trying the A3. not interested in being a beta boy. By ya, The $500 retail price on A2 is gonna crush resale values but since when did used multi stuff fetch top dollar? lol

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
For us it nice to see they are releasing a new 900 MHz datalink.... Datalink Pro....
Not really sure what was wrong with the original.... it worked flawlessly.... I guess forcing everyone to buy new....
I guess this is how you become a billion dollar company.... we are just a small potato...
Also... the D-RTK-GNSS is huge for the industrial sector....
Well the fast growing industry has again made all of our flight controllers & Datalinks.... obsolete....
It will be curious to see if they have added any new flying features to the A3....vertical & ground speed limiting
Time to break out the checkbook again...

SamaraMedia

only the fanboys wil jump on this right away. My 2 a2 rigs are flawless and I trust them. Ill wait a year bfore trying the A3. not interested in being a beta boy. By ya, The $500 retail price on A2 is gonna crush resale values but since when did used multi stuff fetch top dollar? lol

I find it odd they didn't drop the price on the WKM - $999 Does that mean the WKM is better than even their latest and greatest???? Maybe it's time to update my SuperX...

SamaraMedia

Is the matrice 600 a direct competitor for the ALTA?!

Let's compare costs:

Based on one flight

Alta A6 - $11,995 or $15,639.95 for MoVI5 bundle
M6 - $4,599

Payload
A6 - up to 15 lbs
M6 - up to 13.2 lbs

Flight times with payload
A6 - If I'm reading their chart correctly - approx. 38 min with 13 lb payload and 2x12Ah batteries
M6 - 16 min with Ronin MX and Red - based on (6) TB47S configuration

Battery costs
A6 - based on (2) Pulse 6S 12,000 mAh - $199/batt - $400 - total output 24,000mAh
M6 - based on TB47S Inspire battery (4500mAh each) - $160/batt x 6 - $960 - total output 27,000mAh

Gimbals
A6 - MoVI 5 - $2295 & Aero landing gear - $350
Ronin MX - $1599

The A6 offers mounting of the camera on the top of the frame in addition to traditional under mount.

If you already own an Inspire and can use the batteries you have already that can help costs and the size of each battery will allow you to travel on a plane with them. How many you'll be able to carry at once? Not sure if you can even take the 12,000mAh batteries on a plane anymore or if the size limit only pertains to checked bags.

Total base costs:
A6 - $16,039.95 (based on MoVI 5 bundle)
M6 - $7158

If you want to base it on one flight time cost you will need to add another 6 TB47S batteries to get approx 32 min. add $960.

Either way they are both way out of my price range but comparison might be useful for others.

I'm sure I'm forgetting to add a few things in there too but ran out of time. Good luck

Oh an one other thing I noticed on the DJI site:

Note: When mounting the Ronin-MX to the M600, SRW-60G (coming soon) is needed for video transmission. Please purchase individually. (notice:SRW-60G is not permitted for use on aerial platforms in North America.) WTF???

You tease us with all this new tech only to find out we can't use it in the US???? Maybe that will help some make a decision as to which system to buy...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Let's compare costs:

Based on one flight

Alta A6 - $11,995 or $15,639.95 for MoVI5 bundle
M6 - $4,599

Payload
A6 - up to 15 lbs
M6 - up to 13.2 lbs

Flight times with payload
A6 - If I'm reading their chart correctly - approx. 38 min with 13 lb payload and 2x12Ah batteries
M6 - 16 min with Ronin MX and Red - based on (6) TB47S configuration

Battery costs
A6 - based on (2) Pulse 6S 12,000 mAh - $199/batt - $400 - total output 24,000mAh
M6 - based on TB47S Inspire battery (4500mAh each) - $160/batt x 6 - $960 - total output 27,000mAh

Gimbals
A6 - MoVI 5 - $2295 & Aero landing gear - $350
Ronin MX - $1599

The A6 offers mounting of the camera on the top of the frame in addition to traditional under mount.

If you already own an Inspire and can use the batteries you have already that can help costs and the size of each battery will allow you to travel on a plane with them. How many you'll be able to carry at once? Not sure if you can even take the 12,000mAh batteries on a plane anymore or if the size limit only pertains to checked bags.

Total base costs:
A6 - $16,039.95 (based on MoVI 5 bundle)
M6 - $7158

If you want to base it on one flight time cost you will need to add another 6 TB47S batteries to get approx 32 min. add $960.

Either way they are both way out of my price range but comparison might be useful for others.

I'm sure I'm forgetting to add a few things in there too but ran out of time. Good luck

Oh an one other thing I noticed on the DJI site:

Note: When mounting the Ronin-MX to the M600, SRW-60G (coming soon) is needed for video transmission. Please purchase individually. (notice:SRW-60G is not permitted for use on aerial platforms in North America.) WTF???

You tease us with all this new tech only to find out we can't use it in the US???? Maybe that will help some make a decision as to which system to buy...
thank you for taking the time to do all of that!