Aeronavics / Droidworx Compatible controller for the SKYJIB-X4 or SKYJIB-X4 Ti-QR

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i've got two Mikrokopter FC 2.5 flight controllers, nine BL 3.0's, plus a variety of GPS/NAVI boards for sale if you're interested. Also have two FC 2.1 and associated BL 2.0's, would consider selling any or all of it. works great but trying to get some bills paid and simplifying things a bit

Why would you put a cheap FC on a Skyjib?
Hands on a second hand Wookong maybe, if I was changing now I would go for some of the new ones, super X etc
I fly A2 on a X8, but it sucks in the wind, I mean,that thing looks like a coctail shaker at its best in 15mph wind.
Mk rules in my opinion.

Rentakill

With the release of A3 could that be a better option. Looking at getting mine back in the air with a A3 system ???

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Why would you put a cheap FC on a Skyjib?
Hands on a second hand Wookong maybe, if I was changing now I would go for some of the new ones, super X etc
I fly A2 on a X8, but it sucks in the wind, I mean,that thing looks like a coctail shaker at its best in 15mph wind.
Mk rules in my opinion.
i agree! here's a video i uploaded over four years ago of my XY8 coaxial quad flying in winds gusting to 30 knots (about 35 mph). it was totally fine and could have probably handled another ten to fifteen knots. the footage is shaky because i was using my servo driven camera mount at the time.

fltundra

With the release of A3 could that be a better option. Looking at getting mine back in the air with a A3 system ???
I would give the A3 a try. Name any other FC that has triple redundancy for less then $1,500. With the SDK, apps like Autopilot/Litchi opens up ability to get shots unheard of before.

I would give that A3 triple observing test time before even going close to it. I would rather have 1 very good performance FC than that amount of redundancy.

Area21

Area21
One of my SkyJibX4TiQR has a WKM controller and the other an A2. Both function fine. But would not consider fitting a low cost budget controller.

dazzab

I would give the A3 a try. Name any other FC that has triple redundancy for less then $1,500. With the SDK, apps like Autopilot/Litchi opens up ability to get shots unheard of before.
Only the A3 Pro has the redundancy. If I'm not mistaken the A3 is around $1500 and then the upgrade to the Pro is another $1500. So you are looking at a $3k flight controller. The Pixhawk has had redundancy for fixed wing for some time now and I think it's about to be enabled for Arducopter as well. But it's only two GPS units. Then again, it only costs around $300