Aerosky X350 help needed.

David Hubbard

I bought the Aerosky X350 for my daughter for Christmas, and am having problems getting this thing to fly. Here is a history of what I have experienced with this "Ready to Fly " quadcopter. We placed the quadcopter on the ground, waited for the GPS to activate, then "armed" the drone. EVERYTIME I arm the drone the rotors start spinning at low speed (which is normal) but EVERYTIME I give it some throttle, it flips on its side which breaks the rotors. I have also purchased the telemetry add on, but have NEVER got this off the ground.

Now, My wife gave me a AKASO drone, which is a low cost drone($50) compared to the X350 ($400+) and we have not had any problems flying the Akaso compared to getting the Aerosky 350 off the ground. \

Can someone give some advice, or tell us what we are doing wrong? This drone is supposed to be easy to fly.
Thanks,

XNS

I bought the Aerosky X350 for my daughter for Christmas, and am having problems getting this thing to fly. Here is a history of what I have experienced with this "Ready to Fly " quadcopter. We placed the quadcopter on the ground, waited for the GPS to activate, then "armed" the drone. EVERYTIME I arm the drone the rotors start spinning at low speed (which is normal) but EVERYTIME I give it some throttle, it flips on its side which breaks the rotors. I have also purchased the telemetry add on, but have NEVER got this off the ground.

Now, My wife gave me a AKASO drone, which is a low cost drone($50) compared to the X350 ($400+) and we have not had any problems flying the Akaso compared to getting the Aerosky 350 off the ground. \

Can someone give some advice, or tell us what we are doing wrong? This drone is supposed to be easy to fly.
Thanks,
Double check that your propellers are on the correct way. Very common over-sight.
Check the instruction prop install diagram. Two are clockwise CW to other two are counter clockwise CCW.
There may also be rotation direction arrows on the motor arms and the props.

DonDon17

Hi Guys,

Also got the Aerosky x350 recently and need some help.

Tested it in the house just to see if everything works. When I gave it some power there is a serious lag in throttle response and it goes mental when it starts to respond as if it wants to fly at 120km/h straight away, even if I move the throttle stick just above half way. Same thing happens when I move the throttle stick back to minimum, it takes 5 seconds before it responds.

I though it could be that the trims are not centered, but when I tried to adjust the trims, I realized they are dummy trims! Is this normal?

I have the telemetry unit so will be able to adjust the trims etc there, but do not know what the values should be. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

MytiMe

I just purchased an AeroSky 350x with the very same problems as mentioned above. I put it together and tried to take off. It flipped to port. I brought it in and rechecked the prop positions. I made sure of the polarity of the motors. I tried it again with the same results. If the problem is in fact because of me, any help would be appreciated.

MytiMe

Hi Guys,

Also got the Aerosky x350 recently and need some help.

Tested it in the house just to see if everything works. When I gave it some power there is a serious lag in throttle response and it goes mental when it starts to respond as if it wants to fly at 120km/h straight away, even if I move the throttle stick just above half way. Same thing happens when I move the throttle stick back to minimum, it takes 5 seconds before it responds.

I though it could be that the trims are not centered, but when I tried to adjust the trims, I realized they are dummy trims! Is this normal?

I have the telemetry unit so will be able to adjust the trims etc there, but do not know what the values should be. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
I just purchased an AeroSky 350x with the very same problems as mentioned above. I put it together and tried to take off. It flipped to port. I brought it in and rechecked the prop positions. I made sure of the polarity of the motors. I tried it again with the same results. If the problem is in fact because of me, any help would be appreciated.

MytiMe

After rereading the manual and watching the videos again, I realized that the only problem with this quad was the pilot. The reason that it wouldn't fly was my fault.
When I was installing the battery, I wouldn't have the quad on level ground. I'd have it up on it's side trying to get the battery in because of the tight fitting compartment.
I'd also read a thread about taping the battery leads back on the battery a little bit to help with the tight fit. This worked very well for me.
With a little hesitation, I took it out this morning to see if my revelation was correct. I put the quad on level ground checked the blade nuts and installed the battery.
WOW! I don't have enough batteries. This thing flies like a champ. Looking forward to a lot of fun with this one.
Don't forget to make sure that the blade nuts are tight!