I think I finally figured it out

Hoki

I put this 450 apm/gps copter together and have been having issues taking off cause it would always wanna tip. I'd be able to pop it up in the air for a bit and after trimming it a crazy amount sometimes and I couldn't figure it out but then I took my apm off the anti vibration mound and taped it right on the frame and it doesn't seem quite as bad but I think I still have to set a lot of trim like +45 for roll. Why would I need to set so much trim? I don't have to set any trim for my skyline32 FPV drone and it'll go straight up and be still. Why is this apm board being so wonky. I was flying it around better and alt hold works perfect with gps lock and headless mode works good too but it's just the take off where there seem to be an issue. I haven't really had much time to test it out now that I put the board directly on to the frame but I'm hoping that was the problem cause I noticed when it was on the anti vibration mount the wires would pull the board to the side a little so now that doesn't happen.

Alwil

Hoki- Just some things to check--
1- Is your copter balanced- meaning not too heavy on one side?
2- Are your sticks calibrated?
3- Do you noticed one motor running faster or slower compared
to the others?

I really don't know much about the apm but I expect someone
will chime in

Hoki

it's balanced and my sticks are good but I did notice one motor that looks like it a bit slower when I first start to throttle it. Sometimes I notice that and sometimes it seems ok.

violetwolf

Did you do the calibration on the flight controller? Especially after you've moved it?

I use a little bubble level sitting right on top of the FC to make sure my copter is sitting level on the bench (prop up corners if not.) And then look at the mission planner screen to make sure the FC is in fact knowing that it's level.. If not go through all the calibration stuff ;)

Alwil

That is one area I forgot to ask her. I learned years ago to do the same with a little
round bubble level. It really makes a difference.

dazzab

it's balanced and my sticks are good but I did notice one motor that looks like it a bit slower when I first start to throttle it. Sometimes I notice that and sometimes it seems ok.
Did you calibrate the range of your ESCs?